Download & Install Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A AT&T G890AUCU4CPF1 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (April 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy S6 Active AT&T – SM-G890A Download & Install Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A AT&T G890AUCU4CPF1 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A AT&T device is getting official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update version G890AUCU3CPE3. Many people are struggling to get this update because of various reasons and hence here is a very simple Step By Step guide to update the G890AUCU3CPE3 Marshmallow Update Manually on the Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A AT&T. Just grab the Firmware update from the Downloads section and then follow the update process.

This guide is divided into various parts depending on your current firmware version. See the updates that has been released from older to latest order for Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A AT&T:
    v1 – 5.0.2 – G890AUCU2AOF3
    v2 – 5.0.2 – G890AUCU2AU2AOF4
    v3 – 5.1.1 – G890AUCU3BOJE
    v4 – 5.1.1 – G890AUCU3BPB3 or G890AUCS3BPCG
    v5 – 6.0.1 – G890AUCU4CPF1

IMPORTANT:
    You have to update the firmware incrementally meaning if you’re on v2 – G890AUCU2AU2AOF4 you can’t go straight to v5. You have to go to v3, then v4 and finally upgrade to v5. The same holds true for other versions too.
    DISCLAIMER:
    Manually updating the firmware WILL WIPE EVERYTHING on your phone. Make sure you do a backup using a synchronization application or using Samsung Smart Switch or if you have TWRP installed then you can take a NANDROID backup using the TWRP itself. Make sure you do the updates incrementally. As far as I know this has worked for everyone but still I am not responsible if anything goes wrong by following this guide. I can assure you that I will try to help you out as far as possible.

Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A AT&T G890AUCU3CPE3 Marshmallow Manual Update

REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND RELEVANT LINKS TO UPDATE Galaxy S6 ACTIVE SM-G890A AT&T G890AUCU3CPE3:

1. ADB Binaries installed on a Windows or MAC:
      15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
      Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
      ADB Fastboot Installation guide for Linux and MAC.
    2. If you are on v1 – 5.0.2 – G890AUCU2AOF3 then download all the firmwares including this one:
      v1 (G890AUCU2AOF3) to v2 (G890AUCU2AU2AOF4) update file (129 MB)
    3. If you are on v2 – 5.0.2 – G890AUCU2AU2AOF4 then download all the firmwares below this:
      v2 (G890AUCU2AU2AOF4) to v3 (G890AUCU3BOJE) update file (719 MB)
    4. If you are on v3 – 5.1.1 – G890AUCU3BOJE then download all the firmwares below this:
      v3 (G890AUCU3BOJE) to v4 (G890AUCU3BPB3) update file (85.9 MB) [updated Link]
    5. If you are on v4 – 5.1.1 – G890AUCU3BPB3 or G890AUCS3BPCG then you have to download only one of the file mentioned below as per your current FW version:
      v4 (G890AUCU3BPB3) to v5 (G890AUCU3CPE3) update file (1.5 GB) [updated Link]

INSTALLING THE Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A AT&T G890AUCU3CPE3 Android 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW UPDATE:

1. Install ADB utility on your PC or MAC (You can SKIP if you have ADB installed on your PC). Follow the appropriate guide to install ADB utility according to the OS that you use:
      15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
      ADB Fastboot Installation guide for Linux and MAC.
    2. Download appropriate Firmware(s) according to your current FW version of the phone.
    3. The firmware upgrade will WIPE EVERYTHING on your phone. Make sure you do a backup using a third party synchronization application or using Samsung Smart Switch or if you have TWRP installed then you can take a NANDROID backup using the TWRP itself.
    4. Reboot the phone into recovery.
      – Turn it off and wait a minute for it to completely turn off.
      – Hold down Volume Up + Home + Power button until you see a little Android guy and wait until a menu comes up.
    5. Select “Apply Update from ADB
    6. Open a command console or terminal and move to the directory where you have downloaded the firmware files.

To open the command window in Windows, Press Shift (on keyboard) + Right Click (on mouse) on any directory or any place on Windows explorer and then Click on Open command window here

7. Execute the following command to flash a firmware:
      $ adb sideload <firmware-file-name>

– Make sure to replace the firmware-file-name with the exact file name.

8. After the update phone will reboot automatically. Just be patient till it boots up completely.
    9. Repeat the process of updating the firmware from STEP 6 to 9 until you update the v5.

– Here you need to take care that if you are on v1 firmware then you need to flash v1 to v2, then v2 to v3, then v3 to v4 and finally v5.

Finally enjoy the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 update via G890AUCU3CPE3 on the Galaxy S6 Active SM-G890A AT&T. Meanwhile if you have any concerns on flashing or you face any difficulties while following this guide then just login and place a reply to get an instant help.

Source | AT&T Link

Linux User
    Participant

Hi

I have problem with the server

You don’t have permission to access the file on this server.

Can you upload firmwares v4 and v5 again?

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Dawid, I have updated the v4 to v5 link which will update your phone to G890AUCU3CPE3 build number.

But after that there are few more updates, which I will be updating as soon as the links are available. You can keep an eye on this thread for the update.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi again

Thank you for update firmware

but this  time I have another problem..

When I try update v4 everything is going almost ok then fix status 7… what now??

Some direstions??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.