April 17, 2018 at 11:03 AM #32862shibaa987Moderator
Samsung Galaxy S8 has got the March 2018 security update G950USQU2CRC5. Here is a very simple Step By Step guide to update the security OTA Update Manually on the Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950U (US Carriers).
Just download the Firmware update using the SamFirm utility or SamMobile website as provided in the below section and then follow the manual OTA update guide to get the latest security firmware update.
Manually updating the firmware will WIPE EVERYTHING on your phone. Make sure you do a backup of your phone or backup using Samsung Smart Switch or if you have TWRP installed then you can take a NANDROID backup using the TWRP.
I am not at all responsible if anything happens to your phone as a consequence of following this guide but I can assure you that I will help you as far as possible to get you out of the problem (if something happens).
Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) Official Oreo March 2018 Firmware Update Details:
- Supported Device: Galaxy S8
- Supported Model Numbers: SM-G950U
- Android OS version: 8.0
- Available for US Carriers: Verizon (VZW), Tracfone (TFN), Bluegrass Cellular (LRA), Nextech / C-spire (ACG), CCT (Unknown Carrier)
- Build Number: G950USQU2CRC5
- Update Type: Official Full-OTA
- File Size: 3.6 GB
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO UPDATE Samsung Galaxy S8 (US Carrier) to G950USQU2CRC5:
INSTALLING THE Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950U (USA Carriers) March 2018 Security OREO OTA UPDATE:
- Download and install the Samsung drivers for your phone.
- Download and install the Samsung ODIN application on your Windows PC before you proceed further.
- Take backup of your Android phone or using Samsung Smart Switch or if you have TWRP installed then you can take a NANDROID backup using the TWRP.
- Download the latest March 2018 Oreo OTA update for Galaxy S8 SM-G950U, using the SamFirm Samsung Stock Firmware download utility using the following guide:
– Here I have compiled a guide explaining How To Download Stock Samsung Firmware easily and Quickly Using SamFirm.
– Or you can download the OTA updates from Sam Mobile links I have linked above.
- After downloading the OTA update install the Samsung stock OTA update using the ODIN application:
– Here is How to install Samsung stock firmware.
Your phone will now be booting into the Latest G950USQU2CRC5 Samsung Galaxy S8 March 2018 security Update. If you have any concerns while following this update then just login to comment. Till the next update just stay tuned.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.