- May 10, 2018 at 10:03 PM #36804
Android P BETA is up for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s and here is how to install the Android P BETA on Mi Mix 2s (Android 9.0). This post provides you the download link to Mi Mix 2s Android P build and guides how to install that using fastboot or one-click installation method.NOTE:
This is a manual flashing guide which requires some basic knowledge on Android flashing using fastboot.
Make sure you have enough time to go through the guide carefully and update Android P 9.0 on Mi Mix 2s.
Android P BETA is the pre-release of actual Android P public release which has many BUGs. This update may interfere in day-to-day usage because of these BUGs.
Install this Android P BETA update at your own risk.
Make sure to backup all the data on your phone, as all your data may get wiped when your device is updated to Android P BETA.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO INSTALL ANDROID P for MI MIX 2S BETA:
- Make sure you have already unlocked the bootloader and downloaded the Android P update for Mi Mix 2s to be installed, from the above downloads section
– Also, make sure you have installed the fastboot and ADB utility from the above links given.
- Put the phone into fastboot or bootloader mode.
– Power off the phone, Press and hold both the Power button and the Volume Down button)
– And then connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable (make sure USB drivers already installed and ADB FASTBOOT utilities must be installed as well).
- Run the flash_all.bat by double clicking on the script file.
For linux users you have to run the flash_all.sh script file.
Wait for the script till it installs everything and exits by itself.
- Download and install MiFlash Utility on Windows OS
- Put your phone into fastboot mode. (Power off the phone, Press and hold both the Power button and the Volume Down button)
– Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- Download the Android P 9.0 update file from downloads section and unzip the file or just double click on the downloaded file and copy the address of the file on the address bar.
- Open the MiFlash utility, Click on Select button and then select the unzipped Android P directory or just copy the address that you copied earlier.
- First click on the Refresh button, which should automatically recognize your Xiaomi device.
- Now click on the Flash button on the MiFlash utility.
- Wait for MiFlash utility to complete installing the Android P on Mi Mix 2s.
– At the end of successful installation, you will see a success result on the screen.
If everything went well then you should have Android P on Mi Mix 2s. Further Android P updates will arrive via OTA updates. Enjoy exploring Android P. 🙂
If you have any more concerns regarding this guide or anything else regarding Android P, just login and comment here to get an instant reply.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.