- August 17, 2018 at 12:58 AM #44439shibaa987Moderator
Good news for Moto Z Play users as Android Pie 9.0 for Moto Z Play is now available to download. This is a BETA status build of Moto Z Play Android Pie AOSP ROM.
This AOSP build of Android Pie 9.0 for Moto Z Play is brought to you by Alberto97.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to Alberto97 for the effort to build this ROM:
– donation to Alberto97
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Moto Z Play ANDROID PIE (Android 9) WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ANDROID PIE ROM ON Moto Z Play.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on Moto Z Play, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of Moto Z Play Android Pie update guide:
Status of this Android Pie 9 AOSP ROM for Moto Z Play:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Video Playback
– Everything elseKNOWN ISSUES:
– Permissive SELinux
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9.0 FOR Moto Z Play:Make sure you have a Nougat (or Oreo) bootloader and modem otherwise TWRP won’t allow the installation by throwing a wrong bootloader message.
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Moto Z Play:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9.0 Pie on Moto Z Play for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for Moto Z Play.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Moto Z Play phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the Android Pie GApps and Moto Z Play Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM ZIP files to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the Moto Z Play Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps (Android 9 Pie GApps package).– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Moto Z Play.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on Moto Z Play (addison):
- Copy the latest Moto Z Play Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Moto Z Play.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the AOSP Android Pie on Moto Z Play.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Android 9 Pie on Moto Z Play, then flash the Android GApps once again.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the AOSP Android 9 Pie for Moto Z Play.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Moto Z Play:
Of course this Android Pie build for Moto Z Play is not stable yet. So, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Moto Z Play
– Resurrection Remix Oreo ROM for Moto Z Play
– AOSP Oreo ROM for Moto Z PlayStay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto Z Play (addison) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS Download
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for Moto Z Play.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.