- January 29, 2019 at 12:17 PM #70361
TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 7 (lavender) is now available to download. This post guides how to download and install TWRP on Redmi Note 7.
This TWRP recovery for Redmi Note 7 is brought to you by developer(s) MiuiItalia.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to MiuiItalia and TWRP project:
– No donation link found for MiuiItalia
– Donate to TWRP’s Lead developer
THIS IS AN INITIAL UNOFFICIAL TWRP FOR Redmi Note 7. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK
INSTALLING THE TWRP FOR Redmi Note 7 NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Redmi Note 7.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Redmi Note 7:
– TWRP version: 3.x.x
– Supported Android Version: Android 9
– Built from – OmniROM AOSP source
– Custom ROM supported: AOSP or AOSP based AndroidOreo 9 ROM
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Redmi Note 7, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Redmi Note 7 Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- ADB and Fastboot utility.
- Ulocked bootloader on the Redmi Note 7
- USB drivers
- TWRP download for Redmi Note 7
- Force Encryption disabler download
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON Redmi Note 7:
- Connect the Redmi Note 7 to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install ADB and fastboot utility on Windows PC or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Reboot the Redmi Note 7 into bootloader mode and Unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 7
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for Redmi Note 7 and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder.
– Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Redmi Note 7.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP for Redmi Note 7
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Redmi Note 7.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
on the command console to restart the phone.
Immediately press the volume up (or the exact key combination) to boot into the recovery mode.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU REBOOT INTO RECOVERY AND DISABLE FORCE ENCRYPTION BEFORE BOOTING INTO SYSTEM OR STARTING THE PHONE. IF NOT DONE THE TWRP WILL BE REPLACED BY STOCK RECOVERY.
- From TWRP, disable encryption and flash the Disable Force Encryption zip file
– Format data partition from TWRP to disable Encryption to be able to use the data partition.
– Then you flash the Disable Force Encryption zip file so that the system will not encrypt it again.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP installed on your Redmi Note 7.
You may now want to ROOT Redmi Note 7 or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for Redmi Note 7:
- You can enable ROOT access on Redmi Note 7
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi Note 7
- You can install some of the mods available for Redmi Note 7
Well, this isn’t it.
You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules, GCam etc. after installing the TWRP for Redmi Note 7.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
How to ROOT Redmi Note 7:
Now, if you want to ROOT Redmi Note 7 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
Here is how to ROOT Redmi Note 7.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Redmi Note 7 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will reply back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi Note 7 (lavender) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, Lineage OS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.