May 7, 2018 at 12:40 PM #36510GuestModerator
The latest TWRP for LG G5 (rs988) is now available to download via an unofficial build. On this LG G5 TWRP recovery guide, you will find the TWRP Download for LG G5 and a step by step guide to update/install TWRP recovery on LG G5.
If you want to root the LG G5 or want to install custom ROM then you need to install a custom recovery such as a TWRP recovery for LG G5 phone.DISCLAIMER:
INSTALLING TWRP RECOVERY NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON LG G5, WHICH MAY VOID WARRANTY OF YOUR PHONE.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA MIGHT ALSO BE ERASED.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
LG G5 TWRP RECOVERY DOWNLOAD, OTHER REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND GUIDES:
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY FOR LG G5:
- Connect the LG G5 to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Unlock bootloaader of LG G5
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP recovery for LG G5 and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP recovery on LG G5.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.0.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP recovery for LG G5
- Wait for the fastboot command to install TWRP recovery on LG G5.
Once it is done, execute the below command on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode:
fastboot reboot recovery
What to do after you install TWRP for LG G5:
- You can root the LG G5
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for LG G5
- How to wipe Android partitions using TWRP
- How to take NANDROID backup using TWRP
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP on LG G5.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for LG G5 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.