- May 7, 2018 at 9:53 AM #36483
The latest TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Mega 6.3 (meliusltexx) is now available to download via an unofficial build. On this Galaxy Mega 6.3 TWRP recovery guide, you will find the TWRP Download for Galaxy Mega 6.3 and a step by step guide to update/install TWRP recovery on Galaxy Mega 6.3.
If you want to root the Galaxy Mega 6.3 or want to install custom ROM then you need to install a custom recovery such as a TWRP recovery for Galaxy Mega 6.3 phone.DISCLAIMER:
INSTALLING TWRP RECOVERY MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE AND ALL THE DATA ON YOUR PHONE MIGHT ALSO BE ERASED DURING THE PROCESS.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Galaxy Mega 6.3 TWRP RECOVERY DOWNLOAD, OTHER REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND GUIDES:
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY FOR Galaxy Mega 6.3:
Make Sure You have already done the below:
Make sure that you have already downloaded all of the above mentioned files and done the following things:
- Installed Samsung USB driver for your phone
- Installed the ODIN application on your Windows PC
- Enable OEM Unlock on your phone
– In some newer Samsung phones like: Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+ and later, you need to enable OEM Unlock option in Developer Options.
– By default the Developer Options is hidden and you need to enable the Developer Options first. Go to the below link (the link will open in a new window), enable Developer options and come back to this page:
How To Enable Developer Options
– Now when you have enabled the Developer Options, go to the Developer Options and then enable the OEM Unlock option.
INSTALL TWRP ON Galaxy Mega 6.3 USING ODIN:
- Connect the Galaxy Mega 6.3 to the PC using the USB cable and install required Samsung USB driver
- Restart the Galaxy Mega 6.3 phone into download mode
Press and hold the below three buttons until you see a WARNING SCREEN! to enter into the Download mode:
Volume DOWN key + Power key + Home key
When you see the WARNING SCREEN press the volume UP key to continue into the Download mode.
- Open the ODIN application on your Windows PC and see the device is already connected
– At this moment I believe your phone is already connected to the PC, if not, then Connect your phone (while it is still in the download mode) to the PC using a USB cable.
– ODIN will show an Added! message on the message box with a port number on the top left screen of ODIN application.
– If you don’t see an Added message and a port number, then try uninstall and re-install the Samsung Driver.
– Try a different USB driver or Install Samsung Kies to install default Samsung Drivers.[Device Added on ODIN]
- Then click on the AP button on the ODIN application and select the twrp-x.x.x-x-codename.img.tar or tar.md5 file[Click on the AP button and select the TWRP recovery file]
- Select the appropriate options before flashing the recovery image. Make sure only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked and all other boxes are un-checked.[Select the ODIN Options]
- Select the Start button, which will start the flashing process. When you get the PASS message, then your phone will reboot automatically[Click on Start and wait till it completes]
– If you see a FAIL message on the screen then read the log on the left side of the ODIN application and try to FIX the ERROR.
What to do after you install TWRP for Galaxy Mega 6.3:
Now your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is installed with the TWRP recovery and you may disconnect your phone. Here are some more guides using the TWRP recovery:
- You can root the Galaxy Mega 6.3
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Galaxy Mega 6.3
- How to wipe Android partitions using TWRP
- How to take NANDROID backup using TWRP
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP on Galaxy Mega 6.3.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Galaxy Mega 6.3 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.