- June 1, 2018 at 6:17 PM #37845
TWRP recovery download for Honor 9 Lite (leland) is now available from an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for Honor 9 Lite and how to ROOT Honor 9 Lite (using TWRP recovery).DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL TWRP FOR Honor 9 Lite. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP RECOVERY AND ROOT Honor 9 Lite NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON YOUR PHONE.
ROOTING Honor 9 Lite MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
TWRP RECOVERY DOWNLOAD FOR Honor 9 Lite, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Make sure you have an Unlock bootloader to install TWRP and ROOT the Honor 9 Lite
- Install ADB and fastboot utility on Windows PC or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP recovery for Honor 9 Lite and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet. Install required USB driver if asked for.
- Run the following command on the command/console window to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP recovery on Honor 9 Lite:
adb reboot bootloader
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Execute the following command on the console, while the phone is in bootloader mode:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.x.x-xxx.img
– While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.0.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP for Honor 9 Lite
- Wait for the fastboot command to install TWRP on Honor 9 Lite.
Once it is done, execute the below command on the command console to start the phone into currently installed TWRP recovery mode:
fastboot reboot recovery
That’s all. The Honor 9 Lite should now be flashed with the TWRP recovery. Installing the TWRP recovery alone on the phone will not give you any benefit…. zero.
Read on to know what you can do after installing a TWRP recovery or how to root the Honor 9 Lite using TWRP recovery.
What to do after you install TWRP for Honor 9 Lite:
- You can root the Honor 9 Lite
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Honor 9 Lite
– LineageOS 15.1 for Honor 9 Lite
- You can install some of the mods available on Honor 9 Lite
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP on Honor 9 Lite.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Honor 9 Lite then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR Honor 9 Lite ROOTING:IMPORTANT NOTE:
- Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file to Honor 9 Lite. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Honor 9 Lite to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file from the TWRP file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for Honor 9 Lite, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
– Here is a screenshot that shows how to flash the ROOT zip file using TWRP:
- Profit!!! You should now have ROOT on Honor 9 Lite.
How to check if Honor 9 Lite has ROOT privilege or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Honor 9 Lite then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.