- August 12, 2018 at 11:42 AM #43556shibaa987Moderator
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to Shahan_mik3, vasishath for the effort to build this ROM:
– donation to Shahan_mik3
– No donation link found for vasishathDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF ANDROID PIE FOR Mi 3 / Mi 4 (Android 9).
BUT STILL MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ANDROID PIE ROM ON Mi 3 / Mi 4.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on Mi 3 / Mi 4, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of Mi 3 / Mi 4 Android Pie update guide:
Status of this Android Pie 9 AOSP for Mi 3 / Mi 4:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Headphone volume cannot be increased or decreased
– NFC does not work on Mi 3
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9 FOR Mi 3 / Mi 4:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9 ON Mi 3 / Mi 4:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9 Pie on Mi 3 / Mi 4 for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9 Pie for Mi 3 / Mi 4.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Mi 3 / Mi 4 phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the Android Pie GApps and Mi 3 / Mi 4 Android 9 Pie AOSP ZIP files to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the Mi 3 / Mi 4 Android 9 Pie AOSP file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then flash the Android 9 Pie GApps (Android 9 Pie GApps package).– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie on Mi 3 / Mi 4.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on Mi 3 / Mi 4 (cancro):
- Copy the latest Android 9 Pie for Mi 3 / Mi 4 ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Mi 3 / Mi 4.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Android Pie ROM update on Mi 3 / Mi 4.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Android 9 Pie on Mi 3 / Mi 4, then flash the Android GApps once again.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie for Mi 3 / Mi 4.
SCREENSHOT OF RUNNING ANDROID 9 PIE ON Mi 3 / Mi 4:
Below is the screenshot from a Mi 4 running on Android 9 Pie AOSP build.
The screenshot was provided by Shahan_mik3:
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9 ON Mi 3 / Mi 4:
This build is reported to be a stable build of Android Pie for Mi 3 / Mi 4. But, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Mi 3 / Mi 4
– AICP 13 Oreo ROM for Mi 3 / Mi 4
– Resurrection Remix Oreo ROM for Mi 3 / Mi 4
– MIUI 9 for Mi 3 / Mi 4Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 3 / Mi 4 (cancro) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9 Pie for Mi 3 / Mi 4.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.