- August 12, 2018 at 11:42 AM #43556
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to Shahan_mik3, vasishath for the effort to build this ROM:
– donation to Shahan_mik3
– No donation link found for vasishath
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF ANDROID PIE FOR Mi 3 / Mi 4 (Android 9).
BUT STILL MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ANDROID PIE ROM ON Mi 3 / Mi 4.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on Mi 3 / Mi 4, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of Mi 3 / Mi 4 Android Pie update guide:
Status of this Android Pie 9 AOSP for Mi 3 / Mi 4:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Headphone volume cannot be increased or decreased
– NFC does not work on Mi 3
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9 FOR Mi 3 / Mi 4:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9 ON Mi 3 / Mi 4:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9 Pie on Mi 3 / Mi 4 for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9 Pie for Mi 3 / Mi 4.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Mi 3 / Mi 4 phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the Android Pie GApps and Mi 3 / Mi 4 Android 9 Pie AOSP ZIP files to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the Mi 3 / Mi 4 Android 9 Pie AOSP file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then flash the Android 9 Pie GApps (Android 9 Pie GApps package).
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie on Mi 3 / Mi 4.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on Mi 3 / Mi 4 (cancro):
- Copy the latest Android 9 Pie for Mi 3 / Mi 4 ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Mi 3 / Mi 4.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Android Pie ROM update on Mi 3 / Mi 4.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Android 9 Pie on Mi 3 / Mi 4, then flash the Android GApps once again.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie for Mi 3 / Mi 4.
SCREENSHOT OF RUNNING ANDROID 9 PIE ON Mi 3 / Mi 4:
Below is the screenshot from a Mi 4 running on Android 9 Pie AOSP build.
The screenshot was provided by Shahan_mik3:
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9 ON Mi 3 / Mi 4:
This build is reported to be a stable build of Android Pie for Mi 3 / Mi 4. But, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Mi 3 / Mi 4
– AICP 13 Oreo ROM for Mi 3 / Mi 4
– Resurrection Remix Oreo ROM for Mi 3 / Mi 4
– MIUI 9 for Mi 3 / Mi 4
Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 3 / Mi 4 (cancro) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.