August 29, 2019 at 6:01 PM #95981Mod APKKeymaster
LineageOS 16 for Redmi S2 is now available to download and install, which is based on Android Pie 9.0 version. This article explains with a step-by-step guide on how to install LineageOS 16 on Redmi S2. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer mahajant99.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to mahajant99 and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for mahajant99
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of the Redmi S2 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– EverythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Nothing known
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi S2:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi S2 – Android 9.0 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
To Install LineageOS 16 on Redmi S2 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the Redmi S2 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Redmi S2.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Redmi S2
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16 on Redmi S2.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Redmi S2 (ysl):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Redmi S2, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Redmi S2.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi S2, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi S2, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- ysle everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Redmi S2.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Redmi S2 you may want to install GCam or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi S2 (ysl) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.