August 2, 2019 at 1:01 PM #94585sibaKeymaster
LineageOS 16 for Redmi 7 is now available to download and install, which is based on Android Pie 9.0 version. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7, with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of the Redmi 7 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi 7:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi 7 – Android 9.0 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
To Install LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the Redmi 7 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Redmi 7
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7 (onc):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Redmi 7, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Redmi 7.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Redmi 7 you may want to install Gcam or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– GCam APK for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 7 (onc) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKNovember 2, 2019 at 3:01 PM #100849ChelmersParticipant
Dear Siba, First of all, thank you for your work. This ROM gives me back my confidence in my phone. I chose the Redmi 7 because it was chosen as the best budget phone. But quickly I realized that Xiaomi is very curious and monitors everything. Your ROM works very well and I am grateful that people make this alternative possible. A small problem is still to be solved. I can not record videos with the camera, I only get a still picture. Everything else works perfectly. Is there a workaround for this? Sincerely, Chelmers.
If this post is in the wrong place, or I made another mistake, please do not be angry, I’m not familiar with surrounding forums.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.