- April 1, 2019 at 12:41 PM #77539sibaKeymaster
The good news is that LineageOS 16 for Xperia Z1 is now available to download and install. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer NyQuilXT.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to NyQuilXT and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for NyQuilXT
– Donate to LineageOS project
Searching where to download LineageOS 16 for Xperia Z1?
Wondering how to install LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1?
If you have one of the question for your Xperia Z1, then you are at the right place and here is where to download and how to install LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1, with a step-by-step guide.
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Xperia Z1, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Xperia Z1, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Xperia Z1 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Xperia Z1:
- TWRP for Xperia Z1 (honami) to install LineageOS 16 ROM
– Make sure you have an unlocked and an updated bootloader on your phone
– You need to install TWRP 3.2.x
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Xperia Z1 unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- LineageOS 16 download link for Xperia Z1
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to ROOT LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Xperia Z1 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Xperia Z1 LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1 from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Xperia Z1 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Xperia Z1
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Xperia Z1
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1 (honami):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Xperia Z1, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Xperia Z1.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Xperia Z1 (honami) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:April 22, 2019 at 4:57 PM #80874klaas-tParticipant
I had a stable install of Honami Resurrection Remix 7.1.2 and dared to install the Lineage OS 16 without wiping the former system. (Probably not a reccomendation for everyone- I had a safe backup, though) To my surprise nearly all of the apps of the old system were there an working. The whole system works fine. ‘After install Magisk was not working any moreand I had to patch to Version 19, to get root access for AfWall. Up to now I experienced to minor bugs: NTP Time Sync ist not working an I had one camera freeze.
PS: For install I had to update to TWRP 3.2.3 Green Image. Former version 3.0.2 will not do.
All in all I am fairly enthusiastic about the all in all performance and stability of this unofficial state of the system.
Thanks a lot – great work
Update, May 15 th
There an no bugs anymore: Time sync is working, due to AfWall+ script with dedicated ntp-Server (at least I guess so). Camera is doing fine. I hope this build will get an official state and will be updated if necessary.
- TWRP for Xperia Z1 (honami) to install LineageOS 16 ROM
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.