April 1, 2019 at 12:41 PM #77539sibaKeymaster
The good news is that LineageOS 16 for Xperia Z1 is now available to download and install. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer NyQuilXT.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to NyQuilXT and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for NyQuilXT
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of the Xperia Z1 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Xperia Z1:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Xperia Z1 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the Xperia Z1 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Xperia Z1
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1 (honami):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Xperia Z1, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Xperia Z1.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Xperia Z1 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– GCam Download for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Xperia Z1 (honami) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKApril 22, 2019 at 4:57 PM #80874klaas-tParticipant
I had a stable install of Honami Resurrection Remix 7.1.2 and dared to install the Lineage OS 16 without wiping the former system. (Probably not a reccomendation for everyone- I had a safe backup, though) To my surprise nearly all of the apps of the old system were there an working. The whole system works fine. ‘After install Magisk was not working any moreand I had to patch to Version 19, to get root access for AfWall. Up to now I experienced to minor bugs: NTP Time Sync ist not working an I had one camera freeze.
PS: For install I had to update to TWRP 3.2.3 Green Image. Former version 3.0.2 will not do.
All in all I am fairly enthusiastic about the all in all performance and stability of this unofficial state of the system.
Thanks a lot – great work
Update, May 15 th
There an no bugs anymore: Time sync is working, due to AfWall+ script with dedicated ntp-Server (at least I guess so). Camera is doing fine. I hope this build will get an official state and will be updated if necessary.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.