- August 16, 2018 at 3:39 PM #44330
Good news. You can now download and install Lineage OS 16 for Pixel XL. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Pixel XL, with a step-by-step guide.
This Pixel XL Lineage OS 16 build is brought to you by developer razorloves .
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to razorloves and Lineage OS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
– No donation link found for razorloves
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LINEAGE OS 16 FOR Pixel XL, WHICH MAY HAVE BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Pixel XL, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Pixel XL Lineage OS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LINEAGE OS 16 ON Pixel XL:
- TWRP download for this Pixel XL Lineage OS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Pixel XL unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- Android Pie Vendor, Radio and Bootloader image for Pixel XL (MUST HAVE TO INSTALL Lineage OS 16 on PIXEL XL)
- ROM Download link to install Lineage OS 16 on Pixel XL
- MindTheGApps for Lineage OS 16 or Open GApps for Lineage OS 16
- How to root Lineage OS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Lineage OS 16 ON Pixel XL – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Lineage OS 16 guide:
- Flash the newest Android Pie vendor, radio and bootloader image using fastboot
- First time installation of Lineage OS 16 on Pixel XL
- Upgrading Lineage OS 16 on Pixel XL from a previous build of Lineage OS 16 ROM
Flash Android Pie vendor, radio and bootloader image:
YOU MUST NEED TO FLASH THE ANDROID PIE VENDOR, RADIO AND BOOTLOADER IMAGES BEFORE FLASHING Lineage OS 16 ON PIXEL XL FOR THE FIRST TIME.
Execute the following commands on your PC installed with fastboot binaries:
fastboot flash --slot all vendor vendor-marlin-ppr1.180610.009.img fastboot flash --slot all radio radio-marlin-8996-130181-1806061856.img fastboot flash --slot all bootloader bootloader-marlin-8996-012001-1804121206.img
After flashing all the required images, now follow the below steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Pixel XL.
Flashing Lineage OS 16 on Pixel XL for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Lineage OS 16 Gapps and the Pixel XL Lineage OS 16 Android Pie ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Lineage OS 16 on Pixel XL.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Pixel XL Lineage OS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for Lineage OS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie Lineage OS 16 on Pixel XL.
Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 16 on Pixel XL (marlin):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of Lineage OS 16 for Pixel XL, Lineage OS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Lineage OS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the Lineage OS 16 for Pixel XL.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Lineage OS 16 on Pixel XL, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the Lineage OS 16 on Pixel XL, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on Lineage OS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Lineage OS 16 on Pixel XL.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with Lineage OS 16 on Pixel XL.
After installing Lineage OS 16 on Pixel XL you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– Lineage OS 16 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Pixel XL (marlin) Lineage OS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.