- August 16, 2018 at 1:46 PM #44295shibaa987Moderator
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016, with a step-by-step guide.
This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016 is brought to you by developer LuK1337.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016 LineageOS 16 WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING.Installing a TWRP recovery on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016 may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016 – Android 9 Pie ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– SELinux is permissive
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016 LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this LineageOS 16 guide:
- Fresh installation of Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016 LineageOS 16 ROM
- Updating a new Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016 LineageOS 16 on top of previous LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016 LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016 LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016 LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016 (gts210vewifi, T813):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi 2016 (gts210vewifi, T813) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOSJanuary 12, 2019 at 3:09 PM #66770Baron Marcel EhhmMember
I´ve activated Root for adb & apps under dev. options….
Galaxy Tabs S2 LTE
flashed the Lineage OS 16 ROM & Gapps & the ROOT ZIP File 4 OS 16 (Android 9)
But Root Checker says there is no Root ?
And every app which asked for granting Root says it even…
So whats wrong ?
Whyi can activate root under dev. options but don´t get root?
Do i need an Root Manager or is that included in the ROM?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.