- April 1, 2019 at 5:19 PM #77599
The good news is that LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S8 is now available to download and install. This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S8 is brought to you by developer Stricted.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Searching where to download LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S8?
Wondering how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S8?
If you have one of the question for your Galaxy S8, then you are at the right place and here is where to download and how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S8, with a step-by-step guide.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Galaxy S8 LineageOS 16 WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
SEE THE BELOW USER COMMENTS TO KNOW THE CURRENT STATUS OF THE ROM.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP THE CURRENT ROM AND ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE INSTALLING!Installing a TWRP recovery on Galaxy S8 may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Galaxy S8 LineageOS 16:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everything Except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– Hotspot is not working
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy S8 LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:
- LineageOS 16 Download for Galaxy S8 [LATEST BUILD UPDATED ON 18th JUNE]
- LineageOS 16 Download for Galaxy S8 [LAST BUILD]
- Download TWRP for Galaxy S8 (dreamlte) to install LineageOS 16
- Install TWRP recovery using ODIN
- Download MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / Download GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy S8 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this LineageOS 16 guide:
- Fresh installation of Galaxy S8 LineageOS 16
- Updating a new Galaxy S8 LineageOS 16 on top of previous LineageOS 16
How to Install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S8 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy S8 LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S8.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Galaxy S8 LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy S8 LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S8 (dreamlte):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S8.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S8, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to install the LineageOS 16 update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S8.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S8, then install the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S8, then install the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S8.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S8 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– Google Camera for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S8 (dreamlte) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOSApril 5, 2019 at 7:18 PM #78054dian xiaosanParticipant
cpu 835ok？？？？？？April 5, 2019 at 10:43 PM #78082April 13, 2019 at 10:57 PM #79431
I have issues with the browser crashing when posting a message. And the in call volume being too low even on max to hear the caller. Speaker seems to not work. Plus bluetooth it sporadic.April 15, 2019 at 2:50 PM #79706April 16, 2019 at 6:20 AM #79916
Just downloaded and installed again. Same issue. But then realised its still the 6 April version. That’s the one o tried last time. I love the software but can’t hear calls. And the speaker doesn’t work.April 16, 2019 at 7:20 AM #79917
Did a reset. Speaker works and volume slightly higher. But noticed vol controls don’t work. Maybe this is why its low,?May 6, 2019 at 5:55 AM #84831Techno PCParticipant
Hello, I’m running this ROM on my S8 since yesterday and I would like to make some bug reports.
– Bluetooth glitch for speakers. (while the NFC is working correctly to be able to pair with my headphones, I can’t put my phone in my pocket or else, the headphone will lose signal)
– Kernel panic on playstore (while installing all my apps, it was kernel panicking during the entire install and rebooting on loop)
– mobile access point not working (not able to activate at all)
– call application not working with bluetooth (if I try to use my headphones to make calls, it won’t work at all, I have to go back to normal mode)
– call application proximity sensor is not working (my jaw is pressing against all buttons when calling)
– System shutdown not working. If I’m trying to turn my phone off, it will reboot and not turn offAugust 20, 2019 at 4:17 AM #95285RenricomParticipant
Thanks for the ROM!
It’s working very smooth and the options it offers are just to good to switch back.
But it still has some bugs. I encountered the following:
• Phone constantly reboots while it’s installing apps from the PlayStore
• Wifi-Hotspot can’t be activated (neither with the button nor via console command)
• System won’t turn off when i press the button to shut it down (instead it instantly reboots)
• Touchscreen is too sensitive (always activates while having it in my pocket or while making calls)
• Some widgets don’t work correctly (5×5 widgets are displayed as 3×3 and so on, mostly happened with music players and weather apps)
• Bluetooth connection is aborted constantly (can’t make it work with any other pairing device)
I downloaded the ROM-File on 18th July from your GDrive link (don’t know if that’s the latest version).
Hope this feedback may help you with the developement!
EDIT: Tried out the fingerprint sensor and it doesn’t work (i know it’s a known issue, just wanted to add it).August 21, 2019 at 10:59 AM #95405
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.