April 1, 2019 at 12:07 PM #77511sibaKeymaster
The good news is that LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 8 is now available to download and install. This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 8 is brought to you by developer Stricted.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of Galaxy NOTE 8 LineageOS 16:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everything Except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– Fingerprint sensor
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy NOTE 8 LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy NOTE 8 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
How to Install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 8 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy NOTE 8 LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 8.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- Install the Galaxy NOTE 8 LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy NOTE 8 LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 8 (greatlte):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 8, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to install the LineageOS 16 update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 8.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 8, then install the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 8, then install the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 8.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 8 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– Gcam APK for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy NOTE 8 (greatlte) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKAugust 29, 2019 at 11:52 PM #95993katodoParticipant
Can you confirm that this rom is for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (GT-N5110)? Moreover, do you have any video file that shows how this rom works on that device?December 10, 2019 at 7:39 PM #102476alexsParticipant
Hi, I have gt-n5110, which I recently updated from Android 4.4.2 to Lineage 14.1, using the firmware from this resource – https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4794936&d=1563620924. It works fine, I can say that after update the gadget has gained a second life. But I found your post and decided to try to update the gadget on Lineage 16. Everything was just the same as when updating to 14.1, but … nothing worked. twrp-3.3.1-n5110 refused to flood lineage-16.0-20190325-UNOFFICIAL-greatlte, and your twrp-3.3.1-1-greatlte just didn’t start. By the way, why is it so big? – 39 MB versus 7 MB.
Please tell me what I did wrong?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.