January 29, 2019 at 2:44 PM #70390
The good news is that, you can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J7 2016. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J7 and update it to Android Pie with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Abhayruparel, Karthik1731 and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for Abhayruparel and Karthik1731
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of Galaxy J7 2016 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– Touch on delay (sometimes)
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy J7 2016 ON LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:[styledlist style=”yes”]
- TWRP for Galaxy J7 2016 (j7xelte) to install LineageOS 16 ROM
- Install TWRP recovery on Samsung
- ROM Download link of Galaxy J7 2016 LineageOS 16 ROM by Karthik1731
- ROM Download link of Galaxy J7 2016 LineageOS 16 ROM by Abhayruparel
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy J7 2016 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J7 2016 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy J7 2016 LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J7 2016.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- Install the Galaxy J7 2016 LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy J7 2016 LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J7 2016 (j7xelte):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J7 2016, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy J7 2016.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J7 2016, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J7 2016, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J7 2016.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J7 2016 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– Google Camera for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy J7 2016 (j7xelte) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKFebruary 17, 2019 at 4:58 AM #72900Boban MilinkovicMember
i have a problem
My phone boots,samsung logo shows up couple of seconds and pass and then nothing,the screen turns black and it never turns on. Can someone help?February 18, 2019 at 2:07 PM #72988February 19, 2019 at 9:18 PM #73160Cristian CarroccioMember
[quote quote=72988]I think there is no OS present on the phone. It is just the bootloader comes up and finds nothing to boot and goes down. Can you reflash this ROM or any other ROM or stock firmware on your Galaxy J7 2016 and see if it boots?[/quote]
Same results over here in a MN variant. Just don’t boot. RegardsFebruary 22, 2019 at 12:02 AM #73517Dylan BRAZILParticipant
Hi, In J710MN, it installs the system in twrp, but when it restarts, after the ‘J7 METAL’ screen it turns off and does not install. I already used lineageos 15.1.March 4, 2019 at 5:06 PM #74600
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.