- January 29, 2019 at 2:44 PM #70390
The good news is that, you can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J7 2016. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J7 and update it to Android Pie with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Abhayruparel, Karthik1731 and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for Abhayruparel and Karthik1731
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Galaxy J7 2016 LineageOS 16 WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR EVEN IF IT BOOTS IT MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING.
Installing a TWRP recovery on Galaxy J7 2016 may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Galaxy J7 2016 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– Touch on delay (sometimes)
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy J7 2016 ON LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:
- TWRP for Galaxy J7 2016 (j7xelte) to install LineageOS 16 ROM
- Install TWRP recovery on Samsung
- ROM Download link of Galaxy J7 2016 LineageOS 16 ROM by Karthik1731
- ROM Download link of Galaxy J7 2016 LineageOS 16 ROM by Abhayruparel
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy J7 2016 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this LineageOS 16 guide:
- Fresh installation of Galaxy J7 2016 LineageOS 16 ROM
- Updating a new Galaxy J7 2016 LineageOS 16 on top of previous LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J7 2016 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy J7 2016 LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J7 2016.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Galaxy J7 2016 LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy J7 2016 LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J7 2016 (j7xelte):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J7 2016, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy J7 2016.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J7 2016, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J7 2016, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J7 2016.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J7 2016.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J7 2016 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy J7 2016 (j7xelte) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.February 17, 2019 at 4:58 AM #72900
i have a problem
My phone boots,samsung logo shows up couple of seconds and pass and then nothing,the screen turns black and it never turns on. Can someone help?February 18, 2019 at 2:07 PM #72988February 19, 2019 at 9:18 PM #73160
I think there is no OS present on the phone. It is just the bootloader comes up and finds nothing to boot and goes down. Can you reflash this ROM or any other ROM or stock firmware on your Galaxy J7 2016 and see if it boots?
Same results over here in a MN variant. Just don’t boot. RegardsFebruary 22, 2019 at 12:02 AM #73517
Hi, In J710MN, it installs the system in twrp, but when it restarts, after the ‘J7 METAL’ screen it turns off and does not install. I already used lineageos 15.1.March 4, 2019 at 5:06 PM #74600
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.