- August 12, 2018 at 8:37 AM #43532
Android Pie is now available to download for Yu Yureka. This post guides you how to Download and install Cosmic OS Android 9 Pie on Yureka Black. It is not recommended for everyone to install but you can try if you want to see how Android Pie runs on Yureka Black (garlic).
This Android 9 based Yureka Black Android Pie Cosmic OS is brought to you by sagar_shah.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to sagar_shah (founder of Cosmic OS) for the effort to build this ROM and to the Cosmic OS Project:
– Donate to cosmic OS project
THIS BUILD MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. THIS IS AN INITIAL TEST BUILD OF YUREKA BLACK ANDROID PIE COSMIC OS (Android 9).
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS COSMIC OS ANDROID PIE ON YUREKA BLACK.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on Yureka Black, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of Yureka Black Android Pie Cosmic OS update guide:
Status of this Yureka Black Android Pie Cosmic OS ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
Required download links to install Cosmic OS Android Pie on Yureka Black:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL Cosmic OS ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Yureka Black:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Cosmic OS Pie ROM on Yureka Black for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install Cosmic OS Android Pie on Yureka Black.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Yureka Black phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the Android Pie GApps and Yureka Black Android Pie Cosmic OS ROM ZIP file to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the Yureka Black Android Pie Cosmic OS ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps (Android 9 Pie GApps package).
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 based Cosmic OS Android Pie on Yureka Black.
Upgrading from earlier version of Cosmic OS Android Pie on Yureka Black (garlic):
- Copy the latest Yureka Black Android Pie Cosmic OS ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Yureka Black.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the latest update of Cosmic OS Pie ROM on Yureka Black.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Cosmic OS Pie ROM ZIP file that you have copied.
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Cosmic OS Pie ROM on Yureka Black, then flash the Android Pie GApps once again.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie on Yureka Black.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 BASED COSMIC OS PIE ON Yureka Black:
Of course this Android Pie on Yureka Black might not be stable yet. So, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– How to install LineageOS 15.1 on Yureka Black
– How to install LineageOS 14.1 on Yureka Black
Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Yureka Black (garlic) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.