- August 14, 2018 at 12:59 PM #43869shibaa987Moderator
Android Pie comes for Redmi 3s users via Carbon ROM. Here is how you can download and install Android 9.0 based Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 3s is now available to download. This is quite stable build of Redmi 3s Android Pie Carbon ROM 7.0, which can be used as a daily driver.
This Android 9 based Redmi 3s Android Pie Carbon ROM is brought to you by riteshsaxena.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to riteshsaxena for the effort to build this ROM and to the Carbon ROM Project:
– donation to riteshsaxena
THIS BUILD MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. THIS IS AN INITIAL TEST BUILD OF Redmi 3s ANDROID PIE Carbon ROM (Android 9).
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS CARBON ROM ANDROID PIE ON Redmi 3s.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on Redmi 3s, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of Redmi 3s Carbon ROM Android Pie update guide:
Status of this Redmi 3s Android Pie Carbon ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost EverythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Goodix resets after reboot
– To Enable go to developer option and set default usb configuration to file transfer
Download Links to install Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 3s:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL Carbon ROM ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi 3s:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 3s for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 3s.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Redmi 3s phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the Android Pie GApps and Redmi 3s Carbon ROM Android Pie ZIP file to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the Redmi 3s Carbon ROM Android Pie file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 based Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 3s.
Upgrading from earlier version of Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 3s (land):
- Copy the latest Redmi 3s Android Pie Carbon ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Redmi 3s.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the latest update of Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 3s.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Carbon ROM Android Pie ZIP file that you have copied.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 3s, then flash the Android Pie GApps once again.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie on Redmi 3s.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 BASED Carbon ROM ON Redmi 3s:
Of course this Redmi 3s Android Pie build is an initial build. If in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo or below then here are some of the options:
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Redmi 3s
– MIUI 9 for Redmi 3sStay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 3s (land) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Carbon ROM Android Pie on Redmi 3s.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.