- August 15, 2018 at 10:59 PM #44212shibaa987Moderator
Android Pie 9.0 for Redmi 2 is now available to download from a highly unstable test build. It is not recommended for everyone to install but you can try if you want to see how Android Pie runs on Redmi 2 (wt88047).
This AOSP build of Android Pie 9.0 for Redmi 2 is brought to you by Ayushd70.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to Ayushd70 for the effort to build this ROM:
– No donation link found for Ayushd70DISCLAIMER:
THIS BUILD MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. THIS IS AN INITIAL TEST BUILD OF Redmi 2 ANDROID PIE (Android 9).
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ANDROID PIE ROM ON Redmi 2.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on Redmi 2, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of Redmi 2 Android Pie update guide:
Status of this AOSP Android Pie 9 ROM for Redmi 2:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9.0 FOR Redmi 2:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi 2:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi 2 for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for Redmi 2.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Redmi 2 phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the Android Pie GApps and Redmi 2 Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM ZIP files to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the Redmi 2 Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps (Android 9 Pie GApps package).– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi 2.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on Redmi 2 (wt88047):
- Copy the latest Android 9 Pie for Redmi 2 ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Redmi 2.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Android Pie ROM update on Redmi 2.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Android 9 Pie on Redmi 2, then flash the Android GApps once again.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie for Redmi 2.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi 2:
Of course this Android Pie build for Redmi 2 is not stable yet. So, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– Install official stock MIUI 9 firmware for Redmi 2
– OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Redmi 2
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Redmi 2
– AICP 13.1 Oreo ROM for Redmi 2
– Resurrection Remix Oreo ROM for Redmi 2Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 2 (wt88047) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for Redmi 2.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.