August 15, 2018 at 10:59 PM #44212GuestModerator
Android Pie 9.0 for Redmi 2 is now available to download from a highly unstable test build. It is not recommended for everyone to install but you can try if you want to see how Android Pie runs on Redmi 2 (wt88047).
This AOSP build of Android Pie 9.0 for Redmi 2 is brought to you by Ayushd70.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to Ayushd70 for the effort to build this ROM:
– No donation link found for Ayushd70
Content structure of Redmi 2 Android Pie update guide:
Status of this AOSP Android Pie 9 ROM for Redmi 2:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9.0 FOR Redmi 2:[styledlist style=”yes”]
- TWRP recovery for Redmi 2
– Here is the how to install TWRP for Redmi 2.
– This recovery guide requires an unlock bootloader on Redmi 2.
- AOSP downlaod link to the AOSP Android Pie 9.0 for Redmi 2
- ARM64 GApps download for Android Pie 9.0 ROM
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi 2:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi 2 for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for Redmi 2.
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Redmi 2 phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.
- Download and Copy the Android Pie GApps and Redmi 2 Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM ZIP files to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the Redmi 2 Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps (Android 9 Pie GApps package).
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi 2.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on Redmi 2 (wt88047):
- Copy the latest Android 9 Pie for Redmi 2 ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Redmi 2.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Android Pie ROM update on Redmi 2.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Android 9 Pie on Redmi 2, then flash the Android GApps once again.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie for Redmi 2.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi 2:
Of course this Android Pie build for Redmi 2 is not stable yet. So, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– Install official stock MIUI 9 firmware for Redmi 2
– OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Redmi 2
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Redmi 2
– AICP 13.1 Oreo ROM for Redmi 2
– Resurrection Remix Oreo ROM for Redmi 2
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- TWRP recovery for Redmi 2
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.