- August 16, 2018 at 12:43 AM #44237shibaa987Moderator
Good news for OnePlus X users as Android Pie 9.0 for OnePlus X is now available to download from a test build. It is not recommended for everyone to install but you can try if you want to see how Android Pie runs on OnePlus X (onyx).
This AOSP build of Android Pie 9.0 for OnePlus X is brought to you by YumeMichi.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to YumeMichi for the effort to build this ROM:
– donation to YumeMichiDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL TEST BUILD OF OnePlus X ANDROID PIE (Android 9) WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ANDROID PIE ROM ON OnePlus X.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on OnePlus X, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of OnePlus X Android Pie update guide:
Status of this Android Pie 9 AOSP ROM for OnePlus X:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Video Playback
– GPSKNOWN ISSUES:
– Camera HDR
– USB MTP
– Notification Slider
– Off screen gestures
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9.0 FOR OnePlus X:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON OnePlus X:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus X for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for OnePlus X.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your OnePlus X phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the Android Pie GApps and OnePlus X Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM ZIP files to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the OnePlus X Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps (Android 9 Pie GApps package).– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus X.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on OnePlus X (onyx):
- Copy the latest OnePlus X Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the AOSP Android Pie on OnePlus X.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Android 9 Pie on OnePlus X, then flash the Android GApps once again.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the AOSP Android 9 Pie for OnePlus X.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON OnePlus X:
Of course this Android Pie build for OnePlus X is not stable yet. So, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– LineageOS 15 Oreo ROM for OnePlus X
– AICP 13.1 Oreo ROM for OnePlus X
– AOSP Oreo ROM for OnePlus XStay tuned or Subscribe to the OnePlus X (onyx) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
Follow the dev page on xda for more updates.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOSOctober 24, 2018 at 1:12 AM #57465XpalloDPMember
hallo.. I installed Android Pie on Oneplus X with your guide rom and it worked fine. After a few days after a simple restart the smartp. it is stuck on fastboot mode. Doing reboot with tasteup-volume key, has enter on loop, in and tries to restart continuously so it’s i can not do anything. With the fastboot mode on the pc is written that the device block is on false, i read on line that is not good…. is this important? Does anyone know if it is possible to recover it and how? following the online guides I can do something but I’m not very practical. thank you
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for OnePlus X.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.