- August 11, 2018 at 1:12 PM #43351shibaa987Moderator
Android Pie 9.0 for Nexus 5x is now available to download from a highly unstable pre-alpha build. It is not recommended for everyone to install but you can try if you want to see how Android Pie runs on Nexus 5x.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):DISCLAIMER:
ALMOST NOTHING WORKS ON THIS NEXUS 5X ANDROID PIE BUILD.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ANDROID PIE ROM ON NEXUS 5X.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on Nexus 5x, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of Nexus 5x Android Pie post:
Status of this Android Pie 9 AOSP ROM for Nexus 5x:WHAT’S WORKING:
– RIL (unstable) (with Google Apps)KNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9.0 FOR NEXUS 5X:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON NEXUS 5X:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9.0 Pie on Nexus 5x for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for Nexus 5x.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP Install Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Nexus 5x phone
– How to take complete backup using TWRP
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset) and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the Sphinx kernel, Android Pie GApps and Nexus 5x Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM ZIP files to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the Nexus 5x Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery zip file
- Flash the Nexus 5x Sphinx kernel zip file.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Then flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps (Android 9 Pie GApps package).– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie on Nexus 5x.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on Nexus 5x (bullhead):
- Copy the latest Android 9 Pie for Nexus 5x ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Nexus 5x.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Android Pie ROM update on Nexus 5x.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Android 9 Pie on Nexus 5x, then flash the Android GApps once again.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie for Nexus 5x.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON NEXUS 5X:
Of course this Android Pie build for Nexus 5x is not stable yet. So, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– Install official stock oreo firmware for Nexus 5x
– OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Nexus 5x
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Nexus 5x
– OmniROM Oreo ROM for Nexus 5x
– Resurrection Remix Oreo ROM for Nexus 5xStay tuned or Subscribe to the Nexus 5x (bullhead) forum for Android 9 Pie ROMs, Lineage OS 16 ROM, Android Oreo 8.1 ROMs, LineageOS 15.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
If you want the build information and other details, here is the source link on xda.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for Nexus 5x.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.