September 5, 2019 at 9:18 PM #96472Sibananda SahuKeymaster
Android 10 released couple of days back and here is GSI based Android 10 for Mi 8 Lite. This idea of flashing Android 10 GSI image on Mi 8 Lite is brought to you by nysadev and the other workarounds brought to you by erfanoabdi.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:This Android 10 update for Mi 8 Lite is based on Android 10 GSI. This requires flashing of images using fastboot and TWRP flashing on the phone which requires an unlockd bootloader on Mi 8 Lite.
Make sure you BACKUP all the data and all the partitions of your phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for anything wrong done by you.
Status of the Mi 8 Lite Android 10 GSI build:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
– Camera is not working
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL ANDROID 10 GSI ON MI 8 LITE:
- Flash MIUI 10.3.2.0 firmware (or lower version)
- Android 10 GSI Download for Mi 8 Lite
- Mi 8 Lite TWRP Download to flash Android 10 GSI
- Acrux r4 kernel for Mi 8 Lite
- Permissive v4 Download for Android 10 GSI
- Force Encryption disabler Download
- ZygoteFix v2 Download for Android 10 GSI
- GApps for Android 10
HOW TO INSTALL ANDROID 10 GSI ON MI 8 LITE:
Below is a step by step guide to install Android 10 GSI on Mi 8 Lite. The below steps involve flashing of some of the images or files which can be found in the above downloads section.
- Make sure the phone is running on MIUI 10.3.2.0 (or lower) firmware version.
- Download any ARM64 Android 10 GSI from above link.
- Extract the Android 10 GSI image zip file where you will get two files: system.img and vbmeta.img.
Copy these files to the phone. These images will be flashed using a TWRP recovery.
- Restart the phone into TWRP recovery and wipe everything including data partition except vendor partition and internal memory data.
If you don’t have a TWRP recovery then follow the Mi 8 Lite TWRP recovery guide.
– Remember that to install TWRP recovery you need to unlock the pone’s bootloader.
- Flash the Android 10 GSI images from TWRP recovery.
- Mount /vendor partition and delete the following files:
- Flash the Acrux r4 kernel zip file.
- Flash the Android 10 Permissiver v4 zip file.
- Flash the force encryption disabler zip file.
- Flash the Android 10 ZygoteFix zip file.
- Reboot the phone.
That’s ll on updating and running on Android 10 on Mi 8 Lite. If you face any problem after following this guide login and comment so that someone can get back to you.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 8 Lite (platina) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.