- September 5, 2019 at 9:18 PM #96472
Android 10 released couple of days back and here is GSI based Android 10 for Mi 8 Lite. This idea of flashing Android 10 GSI image on Mi 8 Lite is brought to you by nysadev and the other workarounds brought to you by erfanoabdi.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
This Android 10 update for Mi 8 Lite is based on Android 10 GSI. This requires flashing of images using fastboot and TWRP flashing on the phone which requires an unlockd bootloader on Mi 8 Lite.
Make sure you BACKUP all the data and all the partitions of your phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for anything wrong done by you.
Status of the Mi 8 Lite Android 10 GSI build:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
– Camera is not working
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL ANDROID 10 GSI ON MI 8 LITE:
HOW TO INSTALL ANDROID 10 GSI ON MI 8 LITE:
Below is a step by step guide to install Android 10 GSI on Mi 8 Lite. The below steps involve flashing of some of the images or files which can be found in the above downloads section.
- Make sure the phone is running on MIUI 10.3.2.0 (or lower) firmware version.
- Download any ARM64 Android 10 GSI from above link.
- Extract the Android 10 GSI image zip file where you will get two files: system.img and vbmeta.img.
Copy these files to the phone. These images will be flashed using a TWRP recovery.
- Restart the phone into TWRP recovery and wipe everything including data partition except vendor partition and internal memory data.
If you don’t have a TWRP recovery then follow the Mi 8 Lite TWRP recovery guide.
– Remember that to install TWRP recovery you need to unlock the pone’s bootloader.
- Flash the Android 10 GSI images from TWRP recovery.
- Mount /vendor partition and delete the following files:
- Flash the Acrux r4 kernel zip file.
- Flash the Android 10 Permissiver v4 zip file.
- Flash the force encryption disabler zip file.
- Flash the Android 10 ZygoteFix zip file.
- Reboot the phone.
That’s ll on updating and running on Android 10 on Mi 8 Lite. If you face any problem after following this guide login and comment so that someone can get back to you.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 8 Lite (platina) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.