How to Clean/Wipe Data using TWRP on any Android Phone

• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Siba.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

To erase Android data by this way,some data recovery in martke can recover them easily.You need to use a Android data eraser to erase messages on Android permanently,once the file wiped,no data recovery can get them back.

Linux User
    Participant

I did a lot of research about the Android data erase program on Google, as i know, not all the data delete program can completely remove everything and without recovery , most people like to choose the reset phone memory , this is wrong,
    http://www.erasephone.com/tutorials/wipe-android-data-completely.html

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=18703]I did a lot of research about the Android data erase program on Google, as i know, not all the data delete program can completely remove everything and without recovery , most people like to choose the reset phone memory , this is wrong,
    https://www.safewiper.com/tutorials/android-data-eraser.html
    [/quote]
    Thanks for your topic

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=19709]Okay, So anyone know how long this takes? its been 10+ mins since i got the “formatting system using make_ext4fs…” . Dont know if somethings wrong or something but the loading bar is running
    [/quote]

The formatting should not be much longer but it may vary based on the storage size the device has. If not reboot to recovery and erase it once more.

Linux User
    Participant

Okay this is probably a stupid question, but here it goes, if i do a factory reset just like you said, will Lineage disapear? Or will i have a clean phone with no data, but with Lineage?

Linux User
    Participant

Hi @scalex This might be a simple but an important question.

When you do a factory reset, basically you will have all user data cleaned with the OS intact.
    So yes, after a factory reset you will have a clean phone with no data, but with LineageOS.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions. You will never be judged. :)

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,

I did install twrp through Odin and get a Pass. Now when I try to get into recovery mode I get stuck. It doesnt go through. What fo I have to do now?

Linux User
    Participant

hello guys… so if i understand this …. in order to flash a custom rom from the previous (pie) to the one with android 10 i will have to flash via twrp…dalvik, cache,data and system….. excuse me if this is dumb question… i am rather new…

Linux User
    Participant

…so before i wrote the previous post i tried to flash via twrp google experience 10.. ( i had .g.e android 9) when i did that obviously i had made a mistake and when the phone restarted it kept prompting a error message ( ido not recall what), so a local technitian ….fixed it…. but when i checked there is no twrp anymore…. so in order to flash g.e 10 i have to install twrp again…. must i do that via adb and so or is there a chance for bootloop?..

Siba
    Keymaster

If you do a clean flash and select a suitable TWRP to flash the ROM the chances of getting a bootloop is less.

Every Android custom ROM by version has a TWRP compatible for it. For example to Android 10 you need to have SAR (System As Root) enabled TWRP in most of the legacy phones which was launched with Android Oreo.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

1 thought on “How to Clean/Wipe Data using TWRP on any Android Phone”