- November 9, 2018 at 5:04 PM #59732
TWRP for Chuwi Hi9 Plus is now available from an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for Chuwi Hi9 Plus and ROOT Chuwi Hi9 Plus (using TWRP recovery).
This TWRP download for Chuwi Hi9 Plus is brought to you by developer(s) deadman96385
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND PROJECT:
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIALLY BUILD TWRP FOR Chuwi Hi9 Plus. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP RECOVERY AND ROOT Chuwi Hi9 Plus NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON YOUR PHONE.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
ROOTING Chuwi Hi9 Plus MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
- Required downloads to install TWRP recovery for Chuwi Hi9 Plus
- How to install TWRP recovery on Chuwi Hi9 Plus
- What you can do after installing TWRP on Chuwi Hi9 Plus
- Required downloads and guides for Chuwi Hi9 Plus ROOT
- Step-by-Step guide on Chuwi Hi9 Plus ROOTING guide
- How to check if Chuwi Hi9 Plus is ROOTED or NOT
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Chuwi Hi9 Plus:
– TWRP version: 3.x.x
– Built from: OmniROM AOSP sources
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Chuwi Hi9 Plus, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Mediatek bootloader unlock
- USB drivers for Mediatek
- Fastboot and adb for Windows
- Latest MTK Droid Root and tools
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Windows
- Install ADB and fastboot on Linux PC
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 64-bit
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 32-bit
- TWRP recovery download for Chuwi Hi9 Plus
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS IF YOU ARE USING A LINUX PC:
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP FOR Chuwi Hi9 Plus:
– Before installing TWRP you may require an unlocked bootloader on Chuwi Hi9 Plus
– Installing TWRP on Chuwi Hi9 Plus requires a Mediatek Scatter file.
– A scatter file of a Mediatek device contains information about different partitions such as the start address, size etc. of each partition.
How to create scatter file for Chuwi Hi9 Plus:
This guide need the Droid MTK Tool. With the help of Droid MTK Tool we will create the scatter file for Chuwi Hi9 Plus.
- Download the Droid MTK Tool from the above Downloads section.
- It’s in a zip file, so extract that file or open using WinRar or some application and then open the MTKDroidTools.exe file.
- Enable USB Debugging under Developer Options on the Chuwi Hi9 Plus, to make the device accessible via ADB.
- Then connect the phone using the USB cable to the PC.
– When you connect the phone to the PC, MTKDroidTool will show all the information about your phone
- On the below portion of the screen you will see a Blocks Map button. Click on the button
- On the next screen you have all the partition information and starting address of all the partitions of Chuwi Hi9 Plus.
– On the bottom of the screen you see a Create scatter file button.
– Click on the button to create scatter file for Chuwi Hi9 Plus.
- Save the scatter file for Chuwi Hi9 Plus in a location which you can remember and access easily.
Now Install TWRP on Chuwi Hi9 Plus using SP Flash Tool:
– The TWRP flashing on a Mediatek phone is done by SP Flash tool, which uses a scatter file to know which address the recovery partition starts.
– Make sure you have downloaded the SP Flash tool and created the scatter file for Chuwi Hi9 Plus.
Follow the below steps to install the TWRP on Chuwi Hi9 Plus using the scatter file.
- Open the SP Flash tool zip file and then open the flash_tool.exe file.
- Click browse on the the scatter-loading file section and select the Chuwi Hi9 Plus scatter file you created earlier using the MTKDroid Tool.
– After selecting the scatter file, the SP Flash tool application automatically find available partitions and other details
- Now select the location next to the Recovery partition and select the TWRP for Chuwi Hi9 Plus, which is in .img format.
- Then click on the Download button to start downloading/flashing of the TWRP recovery on Chuwi Hi9 Plus as shown in the picture.
- After clicking on the download button you will see a red bar on the bottom followed by a yellow bar.
When the TWRP is downloaded to Chuwi Hi9 Plus, the SP Flash tool will alert you saying Download is done.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP recovery flashed on Chuwi Hi9 Plus.
What to do after you install TWRP for Chuwi Hi9 Plus:
- You can root the Chuwi Hi9 Plus
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Chuwi Hi9 Plus
- You can install some of the mods available on Chuwi Hi9 Plus
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Chuwi Hi9 Plus.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Chuwi Hi9 Plus then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR Chuwi Hi9 Plus ROOTING:
Make sure you have already installed TWRP for Chuwi Hi9 Plus and hence unlocked the bootloader.
– Well, this is a very important aspect of Rooting Chuwi Hi9 Plus process.
– The SuperSU or the Magisk zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery.
– Stock recovery may not be able install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT for Chuwi Hi9 Plus or one of the following:
- Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT Chuwi Hi9 Plus using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to Chuwi Hi9 Plus. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Chuwi Hi9 Plus to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk for Chuwi Hi9 Plus, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Chuwi Hi9 Plus ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Chuwi Hi9 Plus or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT binary via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Chuwi Hi9 Plus then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Chuwi Hi9 Plus forum For other Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:August 3, 2019 at 3:42 AM #94686
Hello Sir. I’ve been following the Chuwi Hi9 Plus for a month or so now and I have found some useful files. I found a TWRP that created solely for the tablets with the red button. Also found roms that goes back as early as 1005. Please let me know if you would like the files and i send you a link. Also the TWRP came from the 4pda.ru forum version 3.3.0. Thanks.August 20, 2019 at 4:05 PM #95334
Hello Sir. I’ve been following the Chuwi Hi9 Plus for a month or so now and I have found some useful files. I found a TWRP that created solely for the tablets with the red button. Also found roms that goes back as early as 1005. Please let me know if you would like the files and i send you a link. Also the TWRP came from the 4pda.ru forum version 3.3.0. Thanks.
Please send me your working recovery. I have a Chuwi hi9 plus with red power button.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.