- October 5, 2018 at 4:08 PM #54406shibaa987Participant
TWRP for BLU Energy X 2 is now available from an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for BLU Energy X 2 and ROOT BLU Energy X 2 (using TWRP recovery).
This TWRP download for BLU Energy X 2 is brought to you by developer(s) Kirito9
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to andrey.medwe and TWRP project:
– No donation link found for andrey.medwe
– Donate to TWRP’s Lead developer
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIALLY BUILD TWRP FOR BLU Energy X 2. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP RECOVERY AND ROOT BLU Energy X 2 NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON YOUR PHONE.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
ROOTING BLU Energy X 2 MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
- Required downloads to install TWRP recovery for BLU Energy X 2
- How to install TWRP recovery on BLU Energy X 2
- What you can do after installing TWRP on BLU Energy X 2
- Required downloads and guides for BLU Energy X 2 ROOT
- Step-by-Step guide on BLU Energy X 2 ROOTING guide
- How to check if BLU Energy X 2 is ROOTED or NOT
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR BLU Energy X 2:
– TWRP version: 3.x.x
– Supported Android Version: Android 8.0
– Built from: OmniROM AOSP sources
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR BLU Energy X 2, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Mediatek bootloader unlock
- USB drivers for Mediatek
- 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot on Windows
- Latest MTK Droid Root and tools
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Windows
- Install ADB and fastboot on Linux PC
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 64-bit
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 32-bit
- TWRP recovery download for BLU Energy X 2
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS IF YOU ARE USING A LINUX PC:
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP FOR BLU Energy X 2:
– Before installing TWRP you may require an unlocked bootloader on BLU Energy X 2
– Installing TWRP on BLU Energy X 2 requires a Mediatek Scatter file.
– A scatter file of a Mediatek device contains information about different partitions such as the start address, size etc. of each partition.
How to create scatter file for BLU Energy X 2:
This guide need the Droid MTK Tool. With the help of Droid MTK Tool we will create the scatter file for BLU Energy X 2.
- Download the Droid MTK Tool from the above Downloads section.
- It’s in a zip file, so extract that file or open using WinRar or some application and then open the MTKDroidTools.exe file.
- Enable USB Debugging under Developer Options on the BLU Energy X 2, to make the device accessible via ADB.
- Then connect the phone using the USB cable to the PC.
– When you connect the phone to the PC, MTKDroidTool will show all the information about your phone
- On the below portion of the screen you will see a Blocks Map button. Click on the button
- On the next screen you have all the partition information and starting address of all the partitions of BLU Energy X 2.
– On the bottom of the screen you see a Create scatter file button.
– Click on the button to create scatter file for BLU Energy X 2.
- Save the scatter file for BLU Energy X 2 in a location which you can remember and access easily.
Now Install TWRP on BLU Energy X 2 using SP Flash Tool:
– The TWRP flashing on a Mediatek phone is done by SP Flash tool, which uses a scatter file to know which address the recovery partition starts.
– Make sure you have downloaded the SP Flash tool and created the scatter file for BLU Energy X 2.
Follow the below steps to install the TWRP on BLU Energy X 2 using the scatter file.
- Open the SP Flash tool zip file and then open the flash_tool.exe file.
- Click browse on the the scatter-loading file section and select the BLU Energy X 2 scatter file you created earlier using the MTKDroid Tool.
– After selecting the scatter file, the SP Flash tool application automatically find available partitions and other details
- Now select the location next to the Recovery partition and select the TWRP for BLU Energy X 2, which is in .img format.
- Then click on the Download button to start downloading/flashing of the TWRP recovery on BLU Energy X 2 as shown in the picture.
- After clicking on the download button you will see a red bar on the bottom followed by a yellow bar.
When the TWRP is downloaded to BLU Energy X 2, the SP Flash tool will alert you saying Download is done.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP recovery flashed on BLU Energy X 2.
What to do after you install TWRP for BLU Energy X 2:
- You can root the BLU Energy X 2
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for BLU Energy X 2
- You can install some of the mods available on BLU Energy X 2
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for BLU Energy X 2.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT BLU Energy X 2 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR BLU Energy X 2 ROOTING:
Make sure you have already installed TWRP for BLU Energy X 2 and hence unlocked the bootloader.
– Well, this is a very important aspect of Rooting BLU Energy X 2 process.
– The SuperSU or the Magisk zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery.
– Stock recovery may not be able install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT for BLU Energy X 2 or one of the following:
- Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT BLU Energy X 2 using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to BLU Energy X 2. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the BLU Energy X 2 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk for BLU Energy X 2, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a BLU Energy X 2 ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on BLU Energy X 2 or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT binary via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for BLU Energy X 2 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the BLU Energy X 2 forum For other Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:March 14, 2019 at 6:28 PM #75484nskmda74Participant
so, is it install twrp first and then root? or do i actually have to root it first? because BLU locked the bootloader and refuses to give unlock code or anything.March 19, 2019 at 1:20 PM #76009
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.