April 29, 2016 at 12:37 AM #3167GuestModerator
Ascend G8, Gx8 CM13 (CyanogenMod 13) Marshmallow ROM is brought to you by surdu_petru. This is still an unofficial ROM but contains very minimal bugs and can be used as a daily driver. If you are flashing CyanogenMod for the first time then please be aware that this MAY VOID WARRANTY of your phone and may permanently damage your phone if you won’t follow the instructions carefully.DISCLAIMER:
Installing Custom ROM may require your phone’s bootloader to be UNLOCKED, which may VOID WARRANTY. Sometimes if not handled carefully then it may permanently damage your phone and prevent from BOOT. Understand that you are the only person making changes to the device. In case of any damage or any kind of loss as a consequence of this installation, Neither the Developer nor we can be held responsible.KNOWN BUGS:
– Camera HDR not working.
– Fingerprint Sensor not working.
Files needed for Ascend Gx8, G8 CM13 Marshmallow ROM flashing (Codename: rio):
Root binary is inbuilt since CyanogenMod 12, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install.
How to install CM13 on Ascend G8, Gx8 (CyanogenMod 13) Marshmallow ROM (Codename: rio):– Before starting the actual installation be sure to backup all your data.
– Copy all your application data and settings using Titanium backup or any other application.
– Perform a nandroid backup using TWRP or CWM custom recovery.
– Copy all your internal phone data to a PC after taking above backups.
– After completing the above things head on to the following installation guide.
Before proceeding to installation make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader and installed a custom recovery.
Follow this if you are flashing CyanogenMod 13 for the first time to your device, or coming from another ROM:
- Copy the GApps and CyanogenMod ROM ZIP file to your device.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or Cyanogen recovery.
- Take either a full backup of the current ROM (NANDROID BACKUP) or take a backup of all your data using a synchronization application.
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition. If you don’t know how to do this then here is how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the CM ROM ZIP from device.
Here is a guide explaining How to Flash Custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
- Reboot and Enjoy the CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow ROM on your Ascend G8/Gx8.
If upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 13.0:
- Copy the CyanogenMod 13 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Wipe Cache partition and Dalvik Cache.
- Flash the latest CyanogenMod ROM ZIP from your phone.
Here is How to Flash Custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
The first boot may take long time, so don’t panic and be sure that you have enough battery backup. Enjoy the CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow ROM on Huawei Ascend G8/Gx8 (Codename: rio). After this CM13 installation you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
How to Enable ROOT Access on CM13/CyanogenMod 13
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.