- August 26, 2016 at 10:24 PM #5965
This is Xperia M Nougat ROM flashing guide. Since the Android Nougat Source code release, till now we have many Android Nougat ROMs available for various devices. And now this time the Nougat ROM (build number: NRD90M) has arrived to Sony Xperia M (codename: nicki) which is brought to you by developer PecanCM. Xperia M Users must be thankful to the developers for their priceless efforts and lightning fast development.
THIS IS JUST AN ALPHA ROM AND CANNOT BE USED AS A DAILY DRIVER SOFTWARE. CHECK THE WORKING AND NON-WORKING LIST BEFORE FLASHING AND PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.DISCLAIMER:
Installing a custom ROM on a the Xperia M requires the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of PecanCM’s Xperia M Nougat ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Network (Calls, SMS, Mobile Datal)
– Display and touch
– Camera (images only)
– Audio and video
– Sensors (accelerometer,compass,light,proximity)
– Auto brightness
– Notification led
– Storage (Mtp/ptp working)KNOWN ISSUES:
– Video recorder
– No LEDs during boot
– No Support for Xperia M DUAL
– Music app is buggy (Use another 3rd party app)
– NFC (not tested)
– GPS not tested
– Bluetooth Audio not tested
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS FOR XPERIA M NOUGAT 7.0 ROM:
INSTALL/FLASH XPERIA M NOUGAT ROM (ANDROID 7.0 AOSP ROM):
- Download the Xperia M Nougat ROM zip file and a suitable Nougat Gapps zip file from the above download link and copy both the files to phone.
- Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations while turning on your phone.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot recovery
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the Xperia M Nougat ROM ZIP from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Now flash the Google Apps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
Reboot the phone when the flashing is done. You may observe many Force Closes while setting up the first boot but just SKIP all them. Also if Google Play Services is crashing, grant it the location permission in the settings. According to the developer this ROM is working fine even if you won’t wipe data while flashing this ROM.
The development thread for this Xperia M Nougat ROM.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.