August 27, 2016 at 8:05 PM #6004GuestModerator
This is Wileyfox Swift Nougat ROM (7.0, AOSP ROM) flashing guide. Since the Android Nougat Source code release, till now we have many Android Nougat ROMs available for various devices like Xperia M, LG Optimus G, Nexus 4, Nexus 5 and many more. And now this time the Nougat ROM (build number: NRD90M) has arrived to Wileyfox Swift (crackling).
THIS MIGHT BE AN ALPHA ROM AND MIGHT NOT BE USED AS A DAILY DRIVER SOFTWARE. CHECK THE WORKING AND NON-WORKING LIST BEFORE FLASHING AND PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.DISCLAIMER:
Installing a custom ROM on a the Wileyfox Swift requires the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Wileyfox Swift Nougat ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– – Not knownKNOWN ISSUES:
– Not known
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS FOR WILEYFOX SWIFT (CRACKLING) NOUGAT 7.0 ROM:
CM14 ROM is also up for Swift. If you wanna try then here is the WileyFox Swift CM14 Nougat 7.0 ROM Update Guide.
HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE WILEYFOX SWIFT NOUGAT ROM (ANDROID 7.0 AOSP ROM):
- Download the Wileyfox OEM image, Wileyfox Swift Nougat ROM TWRP BACKUP zip file and a suitable Nougat Gapps zip file from the above download link.
- Delete the old OEM image and flash the WileyfoxOEM.img file using fastboot (if you don’t have fastboot then follow the end of downloads section to install adb and fastboot).
You need to enable USB debugging to be able to communicate via fastboot: How to enable USB debugging
Execute the following command in a command console or a prompt:
fastboot -i 0x2970 erase oem
fastboot -i 0x2970 flash oem WileyfoxOEM.img
- Now, extract the Wileyfox Swift Nougat ROM TWRP BACKUP to the following location into the phone:
- Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations while turning on your phone.
– Execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot recovery
- OPTIONAL Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- Now, restore the backup that you have copied to TWRP directory.
– You may follow the same TWRP nandroid backup guide to restore the TWRP backup. Instead of selecting backup just click on restore and select the downloaded Nougat TWRP backup. Restore the System and boot image.
- Now reboot the phone. If you need Google Apps then follow the next step.
- Fash the Google Apps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
Reboot the phone when the flashing is done, do an initial setup if required and enjoy the Nougat ROM on Wileyfox Swift. If you have any concerns regarding the guide or installation or if you are facing any issue on this ROM then just login and place a comment to get instant reply.
WileyFox Swift Nougat ROM Source
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.