- October 3, 2017 at 9:29 PM #26096
Android Oreo AOSP ROM for Xperia XZs (kagura) is now available via a development version. This Xperia XZs Oreo ROM (Android Oreo 8.0) is brought to you by developer fastbooking.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(s):
No donation link found for fastbooking.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL DEVELOPMENT BUILD OF ANDROID OREO (Android 8.0). IT MAY HAVE MANY BUGS AND MAY NOT BE IN A STATE OF DAILY DRIVER USABLE ROM. BACKUP THE CURRENT ROM BEFORE FLASHING AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM on a the Xperia XZs requires a custom recovery to be installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Xperia XZs AOSP Oreo ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
– Not known
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO UPDATE Xperia XZs OREO 8.0 AOSP ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE ANDROID OREO FOR Xperia XZs (ANDROID OREO 8.0, AOSP ROM):
Follow this to update Android Oreo on Xperia XZs for the first time or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE on BACKUP before updating:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into fastboot mode by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations while turning on your phone to enter into fastboot mode.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot bootloader
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- Download the Xperia XZs Oreo AOSP system and boot image file and a suitable Oreo Gapps (optional) zip file from the above download link and copy the files to phone.
– You have to unzip the system-o-280817.zip file to get the system.img which can be flashed through fastboot
- First flash the Xperia XZs Oreo AOSP ROM image files using fastboot
– Use the following command(s) to flash the images:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
- Now flash the Android Oreo Google Apps package. [OPTIONAL FOR NOW]
– Here is a post explaining how to flash Oreo GApps using TWRP recovery.
Upgrading from earlier version of AOSP Android Oreo ROM for Xperia XZs:
- If the files are in .img extension then repeat the same process as above.
Reboot to system after flashing is done completely. Do the required initial setup and enjoy the Android Oreo ROM for Xperia XZs. If you face any problem following this guide or post installation then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply.There is no inbuilt ROOT functionality available on this ROM.
To root this Xperia XZs AOSP Oreo ROM, download the SuperSU package and follow the link there to install the SuperSU ROOT and then Profit !!!
If you have found any problem or BUG in this ROM, you can reach out the developer at XDA and here is the development thread for Xperia XZs Oreo ROM.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.