August 26, 2016 at 6:20 PM #5955GuestModerator
Since the Android Nougat Source code release, till now we have many Android Nougat ROMs available for various devices. And now this time the Nougat has arrived to LG Optimus G which is brought to you by developer Mr.MEX and xyyx. Optimus Users must be thankful to the developers for their priceless efforts and lightning fast development.
THIS IS AN ALPHA ROM. MANY OF THE FEATURES DO NOT WORK YET AND HENCE MAY NOT BE USED AS A DAILY DRIVER SOFTWARE IN ANYWAY. CHECK THE WORKING AND NON-WORKING LIST BEFORE FLASHING AND PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.DISCLAIMER:
Installing a custom ROM requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Optimus G, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Mr.MEX’s Optimus G Nougat ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Network functionality
– LTE, 3G, 2G
– SoundKNOWN ISSUES:
– Sensors (accelerometer, proximity, barometer, magnetometer, etc)
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS FOR OPTIMUS G NOUGAT AOSP ROM:
INSTALL/FLASH OPTIMUS G NOUGAT ROM (ANDROID 7.0 AOSP ROM):
- Download the Optimus G (e975) Nougat AOSP ROM zip file and a suitable Nougat Gapps zip file from the above download link and copy both the files to phone.
- Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations: Power Button + Volume Down while turning on your Optimus G.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot recovery
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the Optimus G Nougat ROM ZIP from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Now flash the Google Apps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.