August 31, 2016 at 4:51 PM #6331GuestModerator
Android AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM for Yu Yunique (jalebi) is now available through an unofficial AOSP ROM update and this is a guide which explains how to update Yu Yunique to Android Nougat ROM. Since the Android Nougat Source code release, till now we have many Android Nougat ROMs available for various devices and also we have many CyanogenMod 14 ROMs including the Yureka 4G CM14 NOUGAT ROM. And now this time the Nougat ROM (build number: NRD90M) has arrived to Yu Yunique (codename: jalebi) which is brought to you by developer Satyabrat Sahoo and he has also brought the CyanogenMod 14 for Yu Yunique.DISCLAIMER:
I DON’T KNOW THE STATUS OF THIS ROM YET. THIS COULD BE AN INITIAL ALPHA ROM WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR IF AT ALL IT BOOTS THEN IT MAY NOT BE USABLE AS A DAILY DRIVER. I JUST FOUND THE ROM AND POSTED HERE. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALSO MAKE SURE TO TAKE NANDROID BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT ROM.
I don’t want to waste your time and my time too and hence I basically verify the system/build.prop and/or updater-script to get the build details at the first place before posting any ROM. I may be wrong at times and hence it is your responsibility to verify once more about the legitimacy of the ROMs.
Installing a custom ROM on a the Yu Yunique requires the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Satyabrat Sahoo’s Yu Yunique Nougat ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– NOT KNOWNKNOWN ISSUES:
– NOT KNOWN
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO UPDATE AOSP 7.0 NOUGAT ROM FOR YU YUNIQUE (JALEBI):
HOW TO INSTALL/FLASH/UPDATE YU YUNIQUE NOUGAT ROM (ANDROID 7.0 AOSP ROM):
- First make sure that the bootloader is unlocked before updating the Nougat ROM to Yu Yunique (jalebi). If not then unlock it first and come back.
- Download the Nougat ROM zip file for Yu Yunique and the Nougat Gapps zip file from the above download link. Extract the ROM zip file and you will get all fastboot flashable zip files such as: boot.img, system.img, userdata.img etc.
- Boot into the recovery image:
fastboot reboot recovery
- Clean/Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache partition from the recovery:
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot to bootloader again and flash the BOOT, SYSTEM, USERDATA and RECOVERY partitions using fastboot:
First execute the following to see if the device is detected:
If the device is detected then proceed further to flash the fastboot images if not then remove the device and re-connect till the fastboot recognizes the device.
Now, to flash the ROM images, you need to have fastboot installed on your PC. If not then follow one of the following guide depending on your system type:
15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
ADB Fastboot Installation guide for Linux or MAC
Extract the ROM zip package and double click the flash.bat file in windows or if you are in Linux or MAC then copy the flash.bat as flash.sh, open a terminal window, navigate to the extracted directory and execute the flash.sh file.
ALTERNATE MANUAL FLASHING:
If you want to manually flash all the images then you can do so by executing the following commands in a command or terminal window:
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash boot boot.img
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash cache cache.img
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot -i 0x2A96 flash system system.img
fastboot -i 0x2A96 reboot
- Boot the phone and if GApps are not already installed then follow the next steps in a custom recovery.
- Now copy the GApps to the phone using MTP mode.
- Flash the Google Apps package using the TWRP recovery and then reboot to system.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
Reboot the phone to system from the recovery when the flashing is done, do the initial setup and then enjoy the taste of Android Nougat on Yu Yunique. If you have any concerns or are you facing any problem regarding this guide or Yu Yunique Nougat ROM then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.