- August 25, 2016 at 11:50 AM #5862shibaa987Moderator
Android Nougat was released on August 22 and after the Android Nougat Source code release now the Nexus 6 Android Nougat AOSP ROM is available unofficially. These unofficial AOSP Nougat ROMs for the Nexus 6 (shamu) is brought to you by Zhaofeng Li, konradit, Miccia and nitin1438. Out of all three Nexus 6 AOSP Nougat ROMs, it seems like nitin1438’s build is pre-rooted.DISCLAIMER:
Installing a custom ROM on a Nexus device requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Nexus phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Nexus 6 Nougat ROM by Zhaofeng Li:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Network (Calling, SMS and data)
– BluetoothKNOWN ISSUES:
– Not Known
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS FOR NEXUS 6 (CODENAME: SHAMU) NOUGAT AOSP ROM:
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL/FLASH NEXUS 6 (CODENAME: SHAMU) NOUGAT ROM (ANDROID 7.0 AOSP ROM):
- Download the Nexus 6 Nougat AOSP ROM zip file and a suitable Nougat Gapps zip file from the above download link and copy both the files to phone.
- Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations: Power Button + Volume Down while turning on your Nexus.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot recovery
If you don’t have a custom recovery on Nexus 6 then you can follow this guide:
How to install TWRP recovery on Nexus 6
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the Nexus 6 Nougat ROM ZIP from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- After that flash the Google Apps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
Wait for the flashing to be done and reboot the Nexus 6 and enjoy the Android Nougat. If you have any concerns regarding this guide or are you facing some problem then just login and leave a reply to get an instant response.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.