Xiaomi launched its MIUI 12 in China in April 2020. After a month, the brand made the global launch of the same. A few of the Xiaomi devices have already started receiving the same. The other devices will receive soon since most of its devices are eligible in the second phase of the rollout. To date, MIUI has received many improvements and is one of the feature-rich custom skin out there. The brand has started the development and testing of MIUI 12.1 in its home country i.e. in China.
Interestingly, we have a glimpse of the new version of MIUI which was posted by an Indian youtube. You can see, some of the new features of the upcoming MIUI 12.1 in that video. We know that some of you guys may be comfortable because he is speaking in Hindi (Indian language). Don’t worry, we will get in detail about the new features present in the new MIUI.
MIUI 12.1 improvements!
New fingerprint animations
One of the highlights of MIUI 12 was its wide range of animations for the in-display fingerprint scanner. The trend will continue to the new 12.1 too. There will be a lot of animations that the user can download through the store.
New designs in Always-on-Display!
Like we said above, MIUI has one of the best customizations for both the fingerprint animation and the always-on-display styles. We can do a ton of customizations in MIUI.
Finally, Xiaomi is coming with a secure keyboard that we can use while typing passwords. So, that no one will peep into your keyboard, and steal your data.
Fresh App vault
Another step for increasing the user’s privacy. Xiaomi has provided an all-new vault app. It comes with a new UI that is inspired from iOS. As seen in the screenshot, you will get certain shortcuts for accessing that.
Improved Weather app!
The weather app is also testing by the brand. It improves the overall performance comparing with the current weather app.
One of the reasons why I love Xiaomi’s camera app. It has a lot of functionality, and the main one includes these camera filters. These things can take the things into next level.
Currently, the accessibility settings are placed in a mess. However, Xiaomi seems to improve with the new update. There will be four different tabs named General, Vision, Hearing, and Physical in which the corresponding settings will be present.
Changelog for MIUI 12.1
- New support of LHDC V3 Codec.
- Improved control center style with date and time.
- Added text size & font-weight, dark mode and split-screen support into Second Space.
- Added blood pressure measurement in Xiaomi Health.
- Updated security patch to July 2020.
- Updated OpenGL & Vulkan GPU driver (SD845: v415.0 to v464.0)
- Improved Super Wallpaper feature (Two new Mars location and improved lock screen time design)
- Delete picture option after sharing via screenshot.
- New lock screen charging animation styles (Mi 10 & Mi Mix Alpha charging style)
- Improved screen rotation animations (Seamless rotation from landscape to portrait)
- Added option to change Quick Ball wake-up areas.
- Redesigned home screen style selection menu.
- New camera & gallery filters
- Added option to switch Gallery’s album layout to list view.
- 3D animations on four of Control Center primary shortcuts
- Updated device security patch to June 2020.
- Improved behavior of expanding notifications (Swipe down using one finger)
- New video playing quick options (Added mute and playback speed)
- Added option to store all game icons inside GAME TURBO’s Space.
Although, there are no reports when the brand will start the testing Globally. As you know, now the brand is testing only in China. Considering the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic, it may be delayed globally. Stay tuned with us for more stories like this.