Dark Mode is one of the most exciting features of this past 12 months. Many of the app developers as well as the OEMs are now adapting to the Dark Mode and are giving its users the option to switch to the dark mode. Another one to join the bandwagon is Xiaomi and in this post, we will share with you how to enable dark mode on MIUI 10 without root. Moreover, you can find the MIUI 10 running on devices like Poco F1, Xiaomi Mi Mix and other older phones from Xiaomi. This guide will not only help you get the dark mode enabled but also you do not require any root access or unlocked bootloader.
Dark Mode is a very popular feature which is making its way to all the applications and OEMs are also including this mode in their skins as well. This gives the user the ability to use the device at low light conditions or at night, with ease. Moreover, just like me, you can set the night mode for any lighting condition and still it looks the best, in my opinion. Besides, not only this mode is great for eye-protection, once you enable this mode, you can save battery as well. You will notice the difference in battery saving more with the devices packing the OLED displays. This method is pretty easy and if you follow all the steps carefully and correctly, you will activate the dark mode on any Xiaomi device running on MIUI 10.
So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
How To Enable Dark Mode on MIUI 10 Without Root
This method is all thanks to XDA Senior member, TrippyEngine. So kudos to him for developing and sharing this method with the tech community. Note that Xiaomi will eventually roll out the dark mode feature for its older devices as well but for that, you will have to wait. However, via this method, you will be able to enable the dark mode on your device without root and any other special permissions. Also, keep in mind that this method is for the Xiaomi devices running on MIUI 10 and may not work on the latest version or the older version of the MIUI.
Moreover, this guide will enable the dark mode on all the system supported application and other third-party applications. Besides, you will be able to easily switch to the light mode as well with the help of this guide. So, it is a complete guide on how to enable the dark mode as well as how to re-enable the light mode feature on your Xiaomi device.
- Take a full backup of your device’s data. (for safety)
- Download and install the ADB and Fastboot drivers.
Steps To Enable Dark Mode on MIUI 10 Without Root
- Turn ON the Developer Options
- Firstly, you need to enable and turn ON the Developer Options on your Xiaomi device.
- To do this, go to Settings.
- Then, head to About Phone.
- Now, you need to tap on the MIUI Number 7 times till you see a toast message “You are now a developer”.
- Enable the USB Debugging
- Once you have enabled the Developer Options, you need to enable the USB Debugging option from the Developer Options.
- Go to Settings>>Addtional Settings.
- Under the Additional Settings options, you will see the Developer Options
- Open Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
- Enable Dark Mode
- Now, once you are done with the above two important steps, we will then enable the dark mode.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC via a USB cable.
- Open a command prompt on your PC.
- You need to enter the below command on the CMD to revoke debugging process;
- Just after you enter the above command, you will see a pop-up on your smartphone’s screen asking permission for allowing USB Debugging. Press OK to continue.
- Now, to enable the dark mode on your Xiaomi device, enter the below command;
adb shell settings put secure ui_night_mode 2
- You can use the below command to automatically switch between dark mode and light mode in night and day;
adb shell settings put secure ui_night_mode 0
- Just reboot your device and you are good to go.
That’s it! You have successfully enabled the dark mode on your Xiaomi device running on MIUI 10. Now, you can enjoy the dark mode feature on all the system supported the application as well as the third-party apps as well.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you guys liked this post and also were successful in enabling the dark mode on the Xiaomi devices running on the MIUI 10. Note that you should not attempt to use this method for any other devices as you might brick your device or cause data loss. Let us know in the comments below if you faced any difficulties while following any of the above-mentioned methods. Until the next post…Cheers!