Table of Contents
This post was last updated on May 14th, 2020 at 01:09 pm
A TWRP recovery or a custom recovery is a gateway to many goodies and customization on an Android Phone. This particular post contains a list of TWRP recovery download for Motorola phones.
This post answers the following questions on TWRP Recovery for a Moto phone:
- Wondering, if there is a custom recovery available to download for your Motorola phone?
- If yes, then Where to download TWRP recovery for your Motorola phone?
- How to install the TWRP on the Motorola phone?
Well, this post specifically answers all of the above questions.
Below is a list which not only contains several officially maintained TWRP recovery for Motorola phone but also several UNOFFICIAL TWRP recovery built by individual developers.
What is TWRP recovery??
If you have landed here by searching then you may not need an answer for this.
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is a custom recovery for Android phones, which is an open source project. Team Win project started on porting of CM7 for HTC EVO 4G and later settled to work on a custom recovery project which is now TWRP, one of the leading custom recovery available to date covering a wide range of available Android phones and Tablets.
Why do you need TWRP recovery for Motorola Phone?
With the help of TWRP recovery, you will be able to install a wide range of custom ROMs available for a particular device. It’s for sure, an Android device won’t get the latest Android update after 2 or 3 years of its inception. If you need to have the latest Android running on your phone, then you need to install a custom Android ROM like Lineage OS Custom ROM, CyanogenMod Custom ROM, Resurrection Remix Custom ROM etc. and this is not possible without a custom recovery like TWRP recovery.
In addition to installing custom ROM, the TWRP custom recovery has some more features as compared to any other stock recovery. Here are few features of them:
– Touch screen support
– Current ROM image backup and restore
– F2FS filesystem support
– MTP support (You can access files while using TWRP recovery)
– ADB sideload installation support
– Many more other features
How to install TWRP recovery on a Motorola phone:
The TWRP recovery for a Motorola phone is available in .img file extension
– To flash TWRP custom recovery on any Motorola phone, first, the bootloader has to be unlocked and then the .img TWRP file has to be flashed using a fastboot.
– Here is how to unlock bootloader on Motorola phone.
– After unlocking the bootloader flash the .img TWRP file using the following guide. The following guide is a generic guide that applies for all .img extension files regardless of Motorola or any other OEM:
Install TWRP using fastboot [THIS GUIDE REQUIRES THE BOOTLOADER TO BE UNLOCKED ON YOUR PHONE. THIS MAY VOID WARRANTY]
That’s all my friend. The above list is not complete and will be updated when more and more devices are made available with TWRP support. Some Motorola devices may have TWRP yet is missing from our list. These missing devices will also be added soon. If your device is missing from the list then you can place a request in the below reply box to add your device.