Table of Contents
Looking to download TWRP recovery for your Yu phone?? Here is a list of all available Yu TWRP recovery download links.
Well, this list not only contains several officially maintained Yu TWRP recovery but also several TWRP recovery built by individual developers for almost all the Yu phones available out there.
What is TWRP recovery??
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is a custom recovery for Android phones, which is an open source project. Team Win project started on porting of CM7 for HTC EVO 4G and later settled to work on a custom recovery project which is now TWRP, one of the leading custom recovery available to date covering a wide range of available Android phones and Tablets.
Why do you need TWRP recovery for your YU Phone?
With the help of TWRP recovery, you will be able to install a wide range of custom ROMs available for a particular device. It’s for sure, an Android device won’t get the latest Android update after 2 or 3 years of its inception. If you need to have the latest Android running on your phone, then you need to install a custom Android ROM like Lineage OS Custom ROM, CyanogenMod Custom ROM, Resurrection Remix Custom ROM etc. and this is not possible without a custom recovery like TWRP recovery.
In addition to installing custom ROM, the TWRP custom recovery has some more features as compared to any other stock recovery. Here are few features of them:
– Touch screen support
– Current ROM image backup and restore
– F2FS filesystem support
– MTP support (You can access files while using TWRP recovery)
– ADB sideload installation support
– Many more other features
- Added TWRP for Yu Yunique (jalebi)
- Added TWRP for Yu Yureka (tomato)
- Added TWRP for Yu Yutopia (sambar)
List of available Download of TWRP recovery for Yu Phone:
|Yu Yunique (jalebi)||TWRP Download for Yu Yunique (jalebi)|
|Yu Yureka (tomato)||TWRP Download for Yu Yureka (tomato)|
|Yu Yutopia (sambar)||TWRP Download for Yu Yutopia (sambar)|
How to install TWRP recovery on a YU phone:
The TWRP recovery for a YU phone is available in .img file extension
– To flash TWRP custom recovery on any YU phone, first, the bootloader has to be unlocked and then the .img TWRP file has to be flashed using a fastboot.
– Here is how to unlock bootloader on YU phone.
– After unlocking the bootloader flash the .img TWRP file using the following guide. The following guide is a generic guide that applies for all .img extension files regardless of YU or any other OEM:
Install TWRP using fastboot [THIS GUIDE REQUIRES THE BOOTLOADER TO BE UNLOCKED ON YOUR PHONE. THIS MAY VOID WARRANTY]
That’s all my friend. The above list is not complete and will be updated when more and more devices are made available with TWRP support. Some YU devices may have TWRP yet is missing from our list. These missing devices will also be added soon. If your device is missing from the list then you can place a request in the below reply box to add your device.