MIUI 12 for Redmi Y2 and S2 is now available from a Xiaomi.eu based port. This guide provides a direct download link to download the same and a step-by-step guide on how to install MIUI 12 on Redmi Y2 and S2.
The MIUI 12 was recently released MIUI 12 for many Xiaomi phones. This port of MIUI 12 for Redmi Y2 and S2 is brought to you by unknown developer.
MIUI 12 Features
The latest MIUI 12 has loads of features that are unmatched with any other custom ROM available out there.
Below are some the noteworthy key features from MIUI 12:
- Dynamic weather that changes the screen based on realtime climate on your place
- New icon animations and visually appealing graphics
- Certified Privacy protection features
- Application behavior is reported to the user to take more control on what to allow and what to restrict
- High-risk behaviors are directly stopped without the intervention of the user
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) application window
- System-wide dark theme that supports thousands of Apps
- Huawei Health now provides Automatic health recording statistics at a very minimal power consumption
- Many more teeny tiny features like Game acceleration, Upcoming: a built-in task organizer and reminder, Smart travel for travel reminders, a minimalistic mode for elders, etc.
Redmi Y2 and S2 MIUI 12 ROM Information
This is the latest MIUI 12 version for the phone and below the details of the current released update file:
- Build date: 10th June 2020
- Security patch: May 2020
- Build version: 20.6.10
- Android version: Android 10
- File size: 1.6 GB
How To Install MIUI 12 on Redmi Y2 and S2?
This is an initial MIUI 12 build for the Redmi Y2 and S2 which is a port Xiaomi.eu MIUI 12 build. Follow the below instructions to install this ROM.
Installing MIUI 12 Using TWRP
- Download the Redmi Y2 and S2 MIUI 12 zip file and keep it in your PC (for ADB Sideload method) or copy it to the thone.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery (with SAR support) to install MIUI 12 on Redmi Y2 and S2.
- Wipe system, data, and cache partition.
- ADB sideload the MIUI 12 zip file
If ADB sideload is not working on recovery, just flash the zip using TWRP or the recovery you are using.
- Once installed, reboot the phone and enjoy MIUI 12 update on Redmi Y2 and S2.
Rooting Redmi Y2 and S2 on MIUI 12
If you want to root your phone, then follow the guide to root MIUI 12 ROM.
In case you face any problem installing this MIUI 12 update on Redmi Y2 and S2, you can login and leave a reply with your concern to get a reply.