The latest Android Pie for Google Pixel XL, is available to download and install via custom ROMs like Lineage OS 16. This is a step-by-step guide on how to install Android Pie on Google Pixel XL.
Android 9 Pie Custom ROMs available for Google Pixel XL:
Following Custom ROMs available for Google Pixel XL based on Android 9 Pie:
Google Pixel XL Android 9 Pie ROM list
|Lineage OS 16 Android 9 ROM||LineageOS 16 for Google Pixel XL|
Required Downloads and Links before you Update Android 9 Pie on Google Pixel XL:
OPTIONAL INSTALLATIONS FOR Google Pixel XL ANDROID PIE ROM:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in any custom ROM. So you may need install a SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
– SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
How to Install/Update Android 9 Pie on Google Pixel XL:
- Download the TWRP recovery for Google Pixel XL from the downloads list.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel XL using fastboot.
- Enter into TWRP recovery mode and Wipe data partition, Cache partition, System partition and clean Dalvik cache.
- Then, download one of the Android Pie ROMs available for Google Pixel XL and copy the file to your phone using TWRP MTP mode or sideload.
- Install ROM zip using TWRP recovery.
- Download Android 9 MindTheGApps (recommended for LineageOS 16 ROM), copy that to your phone and then Install Android Pie GApps using TWRP
- Reboot your phone and enjoy Android Pie on Google Pixel XL.
- Optionally, if you want ROOT on the Android Pie ROM, then restart your phone into TWRP recovery mode and install SuperSU to enable ROOT.
Where to Download Google Camera for Google Pixel XL Android Pie?
GCam version 6.x and 7.0 such as: GCam 6.2.030 or Gcam 6.1.021 and some or all GCam 7.0 are compatible with any Android Pie ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam for Android Pie page that contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices.