This post was last updated on January 18th, 2020 at 12:55 pm
Android Pie 9.0 for Redmi 5 Plus is now available to download from a development build. It is not recommended for everyone to install but you can try if you want to see how Android Pie runs on Redmi 5 Plus (vince).
This AOSP build of Android Pie 9.0 for Redmi 5 Plus is brought to you by AmulyaX.
- 1 DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
- 2 REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9.0 FOR Redmi 5 Plus:
- 3 HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi 5 Plus:
- 4 TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi 5 Plus:
- 5 Where to Download Google Camera for Redmi 5 Plus Android Pie?
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to AmulyaX for the effort to build this ROM:
– No donation link found for AmulyaX
THIS BUILD MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Redmi 5 Plus ANDROID PIE (Android 9).
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ANDROID PIE ROM ON Redmi 5 Plus.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on Redmi 5 Plus, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of this Android Pie 9 AOSP ROM for Redmi 5 Plus:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9.0 FOR Redmi 5 Plus:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi 5 Plus:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi 5 Plus for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for Redmi 5 Plus.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Redmi 5 Plus phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the Android Pie GApps and Redmi 5 Plus Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM ZIP files to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the Redmi 5 Plus Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps (Android 9 Pie GApps package).– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi 5 Plus.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on Redmi 5 Plus (vince):
- Copy the latest Android 9 Pie for Redmi 5 Plus ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5 Plus.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Android Pie ROM update on Redmi 5 Plus.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Android 9 Pie on Redmi 5 Plus, then flash the Android GApps once again.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie for Redmi 5 Plus.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi 5 Plus:
Of course this Android Pie build for Redmi 5 Plus is not stable yet. So, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Redmi 5 Plus
– LineageOS 14.1 Nougat ROM for Redmi 5 Plus
Where to Download Google Camera for Redmi 5 Plus Android Pie?
GCam version 6.x and 7.0 such as: GCam 6.2.030 or Gcam 6.1.021 and some or all GCam 7.0 are compatible with any Android Pie ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera for Android Pie page that contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices.