Android Pie 9.0 for Redmi 5 Plus is now available to download from a development build. It is not recommended for everyone to install but you can try if you want to see how Android Pie runs on Redmi 5 Plus (vince).
This AOSP build of Android Pie 9.0 for Redmi 5 Plus is brought to you by AmulyaX.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to AmulyaX for the effort to build this ROM:
– No donation link found for AmulyaX
THIS BUILD MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Redmi 5 Plus ANDROID PIE (Android 9).
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ANDROID PIE ROM ON Redmi 5 Plus.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on Redmi 5 Plus, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of this Android Pie 9 AOSP ROM for Redmi 5 Plus:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9.0 FOR Redmi 5 Plus:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi 5 Plus:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi 5 Plus for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for Redmi 5 Plus.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Redmi 5 Plus phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the Android Pie GApps and Redmi 5 Plus Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM ZIP files to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the Redmi 5 Plus Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps (Android 9 Pie GApps package).– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi 5 Plus.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on Redmi 5 Plus (vince):
- Copy the latest Android 9 Pie for Redmi 5 Plus ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Redmi 5 Plus.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Android Pie ROM update on Redmi 5 Plus.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Android 9 Pie on Redmi 5 Plus, then flash the Android GApps once again.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie for Redmi 5 Plus.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi 5 Plus:
Of course this Android Pie build for Redmi 5 Plus is not stable yet. So, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Redmi 5 Plus
– LineageOS 14.1 Nougat ROM for Redmi 5 Plus