Back in December 2019, Realme released its new UI which is built on top of Color OS 7. It was named as Realme UI and has some distant feature from its parents UI. The UI looks almost similar to OneUI in terms of look. Even though the UI brings some extra features, some still like the old Color OS 6.1. The old UI is built on the Android 9 Pie. A few months before, Realme pushed Realme UI for the X2 series. It includes both the Realme X2 and the flagship X2 Pro. Finally, after a lot of requests from the users, they have also released the rollback package for these devices.
Earlier, the brand has released the rollback package for Realme 3, 3i, and X. Until the rollback package arrived, it was hard to rollback, since bootloader unlock was required. With the new file, you can rollback within touch, and the brand has released the guidelines for that. The brand has shared some disclaimers before you roll back into the old Color OS 6.
Requirements to Rollback Android 9 on Realme X2 or X2 Pro
- X2 or X2 Pro which has at least 60% of battery backup.
- If you are using X2 then you should be in C11 and C28 for X2 Pro!
- Download and copy the rollback package into the internal storage of your device
Realme X2 Pro
How to roll back to Android 9 Pie!
- Once, you have downloaded the file, copy the same thing into the root storage.
- Click on the file, and you will receive prompt notification.
- Now select on the upgrade now option for downgrading to Android 9!
Please do note that you won’t receive any updates if you switch to Color OS. Also, if you want to come back to Realme UI, then you should manually update your device. Do let us know if you have any queries about the same.