This post was last updated on June 6th, 2020 at 12:34 pm
Simple fix for the annoying CyanogenMod USB tethering on Win 7.
- Plug in your phone via USB, enable USB tethering.
- Open device manager (in control panel)
- Find your phone on the list, it should be listed as RNDIS device. It will have a ? and yellow !
- Right click on it and select ‘update driver’
- When the window pops up, select ‘browse my computer for driver software’
- Select ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’
- For device type select Network adapters.
- For manufacturer select Microsoft Corporation
- Then select ‘Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device’
- Hit next, it will give you a warning…ignore it and hit yes.
That should do it…tether away!