If you didn’t know already, the DROID RAZR MAXX launched on Verizon today, with a HUGE battery. And thats about it. Hardware and software are all the same except for the battery. So what does this mean? It could possibly mean that the DROID RAZR MAXX can flash all builds and leaks the first RAZR can.
Taking a look at the System Information of a DROID RAZR, you can tell it is exactly the same as the DROID RAZR (other sources, please confirm below):
- System version: 6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.US
- Model number: DROID RAZR
- Android version: 2.3.5
- Baseband version: CDMA_N_03.1C.79P LTEDC_U_06.35.0B
- Kernel version: 18.104.22.168-ge88eaad [email protected] #1
- Build number: 6.5.1-73_DHD-11_M1-2
- Build date: Wed Nov 30 22:23:34 CST 2011
Remember the DROID RAZR build that leaked yesterday? There is a VERY good chance the RAZR MAXX can run it. Unless there is verifcation when flashing though recovery, DROID RAZR MAXX users might be in luck.
Confirmed Working DROID RAZR ROM’s and Leaks for the MAXX:
Instructions on how to flash the LEAKED DROID RAZR build on a DROID RAZR MAXX
- Download this file to your SD card.
-Make sure the file located in /mnt/sdcard-ext
- Turn off your RAZR MAXX and reboot into recovery. (Volume Up + Down and Power)
- Choose “recovery” You can scrolll using Volume Down. Select recovery with Volume Up.
- When the exclamation and Android appear, press Volume up and Volume down at the same time.
- Choose “Apply update from SDCard” Select with the Power key
-YOU ARE ABOUT TO FLASH THE FILE. THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO BACK OUT NOW. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS.
- Select the file Blur_Version.6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip
- If all goes well, you should see a Choose Reboot System Now after it has finished.