Touch Controls provides VLC-style gesture-based brightness and volume controls for the YT app when playing videos in full screen mode.
You can increase or decrease the volume by swiping your finger up or down on the right side of the screen. Swiping the finger on the left adjusts the screen brightness.
Only the official YT and YT Go apps are supported.
Go premium to enable:
• Brightness controls
• Tap action
• Double tap action
• Long press action
• Volume control action
• Seek support
• Keyboard control
If the overlays do not work please try restarting the device.
This app uses Accessibility services.
Disclosure on the use of accessibility services:
• The accessibility service is used to detect when the YT/YT Go app is playing videos in fullscreen. This will activate the transparent touch overlays to control device brightness and volume (permissions ‘Apps that can appear on top’ and ‘Apps that can change system settings’).
• The accessibility service is used to perform a touch gesture in order to make the player controls visible (‘Perform gestures’).
• The accessibility service is used to used to listen to key strokes to support hardware keyboard control functionality, e.g. pressing Space key to play/pause the video (‘Observe text you type’).
• The accessibility service is limited to the YT/YT Go app. It will not receive events from any other app.
• The app does not obtain or collect any personal information related to your YT activity.