The latest Android Pie for Axon 7, is available to download and install via custom ROMs like Lineage OS 16. This is a step-by-step guide on how to install Android Pie on Axon 7.
– This Android Pie update for Axon 7 is through custom ROM such as Lineage OS 16.
Android 9 Pie Custom ROMs available for Axon 7:
Following Custom ROMs available for Axon 7 based on Android 9 Pie:
Axon 7 Android 9 Pie ROM list
|Lineage OS 16 Android 9 ROM||LineageOS 16 for Axon 7|
Required Downloads and Links before you Update Android 9 Pie on Axon 7:
OPTIONAL INSTALLATIONS FOR Axon 7 ANDROID PIE ROM:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in any custom ROM. So you may need install a SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
– SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
How to Install/Update Android 9 Pie on Axon 7:
- Download the TWRP recovery for Axon 7 from the downloads list.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Axon 7 using fastboot.– To install the TWRP recovery on the phone needs to have an unlock bootloader on Axon 7
- Enter into TWRP recovery mode and Wipe data partition, Cache partition, System partition and clean Dalvik cache.– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to wipe data using TWRP recovery– Don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. If you do, you will lose all your phone data.
– To be on safe side, backup all data on your Android Phone before wiping anything.
- Then, download one of the Android Pie ROMs available for Axon 7 and copy the file to your phone using TWRP MTP mode or sideload.– Each link provided in this guide has their own step-by-step installation guide.
- Install ROM zip using TWRP recovery.
- Download Pie MindTheGApps package (recommended for LineageOS 16 ROM), copy that to your phone and then Install Android Pie GApps using TWRP– Well, this step is an optional but if you don’t do you will not be able to install any applications on your Android Pie ROM.
– The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy Android Pie on Axon 7.
- Optionally, if you want ROOT on the Android Pie ROM, then restart your phone into TWRP recovery mode and install SuperSU to enable ROOT.– This step is not necessary to run Android Pie smoothly but if you want ROOT on the Android Pie ROM then you need to follow this step.