This post was last updated on January 18th, 2020 at 12:51 pm
The latest Android Pie for Redmi 4A, is available to download and install via custom ROM like Lineage OS 16. This is a step-by-step guide on how to install Android Pie on Redmi 4A.
– This Android Pie update for Redmi 4A is through custom ROM such as Lineage OS 16, Carbon ROM, Pixel Experience ROM etc.
- 1 Android 9 Pie Custom ROM available for Redmi 4A:
- 2 Required Downloads and Links before you Update Android 9 Pie on Redmi 4A:
- 3 How to Install/Update Android 9 Pie on Redmi 4A:
- 4 Where to Download Google Camera for Redmi 4A Android Pie?
Android 9 Pie Custom ROM available for Redmi 4A:
Following Custom ROM available for Redmi 4A based on Android 9 Pie:
Redmi 4A Android 9 Pie ROM list
|Carbon Pie ROM Android 9 Download||Carbon Pie ROM for Redmi 4A|
|Lineage OS 16 Android 9 Download||LineageOS 16 for Redmi 4A|
|Pixel Experience Pie ROM Android 9 Download||Pixel Experience Pie for Redmi 4A|
Required Downloads and Links before you Update Android 9 Pie on Redmi 4A:
OPTIONAL INSTALLATIONS FOR Redmi 4A ANDROID PIE ROM:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in any custom ROM. So you may need install a SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
– SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
How to Install/Update Android 9 Pie on Redmi 4A:
- Download the TWRP recovery for Redmi 4A from the downloads list.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 4A using fastboot.– To install the TWRP recovery on the phone needs to have an unlock bootloader on Redmi 4A
- Enter into TWRP recovery mode and Wipe data partition, Cache partition, System partition and clean Dalvik cache.– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to wipe data using TWRP recovery– Don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. If you do, you will lose all your phone data.
– To be on safe side, backup all data on your Android Phone before wiping anything.
- Then, download one of the Android Pie ROM available for Redmi 4A and copy the file to your phone using TWRP MTP mode or sideload.– Each link provided in this guide has their own step-by-step installation guide.
- Install Android Pie ROM file using TWRP recovery.
- Download Android 9 MindTheGApps (recommended for LineageOS 16 ROM), copy that to your phone and then Install Android Pie GApps using TWRP– Well, this step is an optional but if you don’t do you will not be able to install any applications on your Android Pie ROM.
– The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy Android Pie on Redmi 4A.
- Optionally, if you want ROOT on the Android Pie ROM, then restart your phone into TWRP recovery mode and install SuperSU to enable ROOT.– This step is not necessary to run Android Pie smoothly but if you want ROOT on the Android Pie ROM then you need to follow this step.
Where to Download Google Camera for Redmi 4A Android Pie?
GCam version 6.x and 7.0 such as: GCam 6.2.030 or Gcam 6.1.021 and some or all GCam 7.0 are compatible with any Android Pie ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera for Android Pie page that contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices.