Table of Contents
- 1 Android 9 Pie Custom ROMs available for OnePlus 2:
- 2 Required Downloads and Links before you Update Android 9 Pie on OnePlus 2:
- 3 How to Install/Update Android 9 Pie on OnePlus 2:
- 4 Where to Download Google Camera for OnePlus 2 Android Pie?
This post was last updated on January 18th, 2020 at 12:52 pm
The latest Android Pie for OnePlus 2, is available to download and install via custom ROMs like Lineage OS 16. This is a step-by-step guide on how to install Android Pie on OnePlus 2.
– This Android Pie update for OnePlus 2 is through custom ROM such as Lineage OS 16.
Android 9 Pie Custom ROMs available for OnePlus 2:
Following Custom ROMs available for OnePlus 2 based on Android 9 Pie:
OnePlus 2 Android 9 Pie ROM list
|Lineage OS 16 Android 9 ROM||LineageOS 16 for OnePlus 2|
Required Downloads and Links before you Update Android 9 Pie on OnePlus 2:
OPTIONAL INSTALLATIONS FOR OnePlus 2 ANDROID PIE ROM:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in any custom ROM. So you may need install a SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
– SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
How to Install/Update Android 9 Pie on OnePlus 2:
- Download the TWRP recovery for OnePlus 2 from the downloads list.
- Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 2 using fastboot.
– To install the TWRP recovery on the phone needs to have an unlock bootloader on OnePlus 2
- Enter into TWRP recovery mode and Wipe data partition, Cache partition, System partition and clean Dalvik cache.
– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to wipe data using TWRP recovery
– Don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. If you do, you will lose all your phone data.
– To be on safe side, backup all data on your Android Phone before wiping anything.
- Then, download one of the Android Pie ROMs available for OnePlus 2 and copy the file to your phone using TWRP MTP mode or sideload.
– Each link provided in this guide has their own step-by-step installation guide.
- Install ROM zip using TWRP recovery.
- Download Android 9 MindTheGApps (recommended for LineageOS 16 ROM), copy that to your phone and then Install Android Pie GApps using TWRP
– Well, this step is an optional but if you don’t do you will not be able to install any applications on your Android Pie ROM.
– The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy Android Pie on OnePlus 2.
- Optionally, if you want ROOT on the Android Pie ROM, then restart your phone into TWRP recovery mode and install SuperSU to enable ROOT.
– This step is not necessary to run Android Pie smoothly but if you want ROOT on the Android Pie ROM then you need to follow this step.
Where to Download Google Camera for OnePlus 2 Android Pie?
GCam version 6.x and 7.0 such as: GCam 6.2.030 or Gcam 6.1.021 and some or all GCam 7.0 are compatible with any Android Pie ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera for Android Pie page that contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices.