The latest Android Pie for Galaxy S5, is available to download and install via custom ROM like Lineage OS 16. This is a step-by-step guide on how to install Android Pie on Galaxy S5.
Android 9 Pie Custom ROM available for Galaxy S5:
Following Custom ROM available for Galaxy S5 based on Android 9 Pie:
Galaxy S5 Android 9 Pie ROM list
|Lineage OS 16 Android 9 ROM||LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5|
Required Downloads and Links before you Update Android 9 Pie on Galaxy S5:
OPTIONAL INSTALLATIONS FOR Galaxy S5 ANDROID PIE ROM:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in any custom ROM. So you may need install a SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
– SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
How to Install/Update Android 9 Pie on Galaxy S5:
- Download TWRP recovery for Galaxy S5 from the downloads list.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S5 using ODIN.
- Enter into TWRP recovery mode and Wipe data partition, Cache partition, System partition and clean Dalvik cache.
- Then, download one of the Android Pie ROM available for Galaxy S5 and copy the file to your phone using MTP mode or sideload from TWRP recovery.
- Install Android Pie ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Download Android 9 MindTheGApps (recommended for LineageOS 16 ROM), copy that to your phone and then Install Android Pie GApps using TWRP
- Reboot your phone and enjoy Android Pie on Galaxy S5.
- Optionally, if you want ROOT on the Android Pie ROM, then restart your phone into TWRP recovery mode and install SuperSU to enable ROOT.
Where to Download Google Camera for Galaxy S5 Android Pie?
GCam version 6.x and 7.0 such as: GCam 6.2.030 or Gcam 6.1.021 and some or all GCam 7.0 are compatible with any Android Pie ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera for Android Pie page that contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices.