This post was last updated on October 24th, 2019 at 01:38 pm
The latest Android Pie for Galaxy NOTE 3, is available to download and install via custom ROM like Lineage OS 16. This is a step-by-step guide on how to install Android Pie on Galaxy NOTE 3.
– This Android Pie update for Galaxy NOTE 3 is through custom ROM such as Lineage OS 16.
Android 9 Pie Custom ROM available for Galaxy NOTE 3:
Following Custom ROM available for Galaxy NOTE 3 based on Android 9 Pie:
Galaxy NOTE 3 Android 9 Pie ROM list
|Lineage OS 16 Android 9 ROM||LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 3|
Required Downloads and Links before you Update Android 9 Pie on Galaxy NOTE 3:
OPTIONAL INSTALLATIONS FOR Galaxy NOTE 3 ANDROID PIE ROM:
Root binary is NOT inbuilt in any custom ROM. So you may need install a SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
– SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
How to Install/Update Android 9 Pie on Galaxy NOTE 3:
- Download TWRP recovery for Galaxy NOTE 3 from the downloads list.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy NOTE 3 using ODIN.
- Enter into TWRP recovery mode and Wipe data partition, Cache partition, System partition and clean Dalvik cache.– Here is a step-by-step guide on how to wipe data using TWRP recovery– Don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. If you do, you will lose all your phone data.
– To be on safe side, backup all data on your Android Phone before wiping anything.
- Then, download one of the Android Pie ROM available for Galaxy NOTE 3 and copy the file to your phone using MTP mode or sideload from TWRP recovery.– Each link provided in this guide has their own step-by-step installation guide.
- Install Android Pie ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Download Android 9 MindTheGApps (recommended for LineageOS 16 ROM), copy that to your phone and then Install Android Pie GApps using TWRP– Well, this step is an optional but if you don’t do you will not be able to install any applications on your Android Pie ROM.
– The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy Android Pie on Galaxy NOTE 3.
- Optionally, if you want ROOT on the Android Pie ROM, then restart your phone into TWRP recovery mode and install SuperSU to enable ROOT.– This step is not necessary to run Android Pie smoothly but if you want ROOT on the Android Pie ROM then you need to follow this step.