Table of Contents
- 1 Android 11 ROMs for Zenfone Max Pro M2
- 2 How to Update Zenfone Max Pro M2 to Android 11?
- 3 Add-on Downloads
The latest Android 11 released and the same is now available for Zenfone Max Pro M2 via an Android 11 custom ROM build. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to update Zenfone Max Pro M2 to Android 11.
You need to understand that, Installing a custom ROM requires advanced knowledge to modify the underlying firmware on your phone, such as bootloader unlock, custom recovery installation etc.
If not done properly it may leave you phone unusable temporarily or permanently!
Android 11 ROMs for Zenfone Max Pro M2
Below are the Android 11 custom ROMs available for Zenfone Max Pro M2. Each link has it’s own set of guide that explains how to install the custom ROM on the phone.
- Zenfone Max Pro M2 LineageOS 18 – Android 11 ROM
Other Requirements to Install Android 11 ROM on Zenfone Max Pro M2
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
Plus, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post installation requiremnt is, GApps for Android 11.
How to Update Zenfone Max Pro M2 to Android 11?
Installing Android 11 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the Android 11 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M2
Zenfone Max Pro M2 bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Zenfone Max Pro M2.The bootloader must be unlocked on the phone before you can flash the Android 11 custom ROM build!
Install custom recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M2
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Zenfone Max Pro M2. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M2.
Install Android 11 on Zenfone Max Pro M2The phone must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed before you can install Android 11.
- Download one of the avialable Android 11 ROM for Zenfone Max Pro M2 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!Here is a step-by-step guide on how to wipe data using TWRP recoveryThis step will erase the current firmware and may erase all data from the phone. You may choose to keep a backup of important data and the relevant boot and system partition so that you can rollback if the new build doesn’t work properly.
- Install Android 11 using TWRP recovery
Use ADB Sideload to install the Android 11 ROM zip file.
You can use any one of the above mentioned method to install the zip file on the phone.
- Install Android 11 GApps.
– This is a guide that explains how to install GApps using custom recovery.
– Basically, The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into Android 11 on Zenfone Max Pro M2.
Well, after installing the Android 11 zip file you are done with the Android 11 installation for your phone. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone.
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the Android 11 ROM on your Zenfone Max Pro M2.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
Search a compatible Google Camera for your phone that may run on this Android 11 ROM.
Visit the Zenfone Max Pro M2 (X01BD) page to get other Android 11 ROMs or other device specific topics.